Does an all Neutral character team still get to include either Hero or Villain cards in the deck?

By MalaciousMawloc, in Star Wars: Destiny

Does an all Neutral character team still get to include either Hero or Villain cards in the deck?

Please cite your sources in the rules, rules reference, or a FAQ. I can see nowhere RAW that disallows it, but especially with the printing of No Allegience it seems that RAI is you should only be allowed all Neutral.

1 hour ago, MalaciousMawloc said:

Please cite your sources in the rules, rules reference, or a FAQ. I can see nowhere RAW that disallows it, but especially with the printing of No Allegience it seems that RAI is you should only be allowed all Neutral.

No. If you only have neutral characters on your team, you must only use neutral cards unless a character you use (like Qi'Ra) lets you break those rules. This is actually specified on p. 12 of the newest rules guide in "2. Build a Deck. "

The second bullet point says the following and the pertinent part I've put in bold.

"If a team has hero characters, its deck cannot contain villain cards. If a team has villain characters, its deck cannot contain hero cards. If a team has all neutral characters, its deck cannot contain hero or villain cards. Neutral cards can be included in any deck."

\

This is part of why Qira is so interesting - she can use yellow events from any team, regardless of who she's paired with.

Sorry, must’ve been looking at an old version of the rules guide then. Thanks for the replies