Same dice as X-Wing ... what do you think?

By Budgernaut, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

So evidently the dice in the game have the same symbols and distribution as X-Wing dice, but they are gold like Han's dice. So are they just trying to tempt X-Wing players into pimping their game?

Personally, I would rather have custom dice for this game, but it's not a complete killer. New dice make me excited, so seeing the same X-Wing dice is a tad underwhelming.

If I need extra dice, I can just go raid the X-Wing box. So it's a plus, for me.

Yeah -- I can take these dice for X-wing and put green ones in this game.

Keeping dice they already make allows them to focus on other aspects of the game.

2 hours ago, ozmodon said:

Keeping dice they already make allows them to focus on other aspects of the game.

And improves their bottom line.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, Budgernaut said:

So evidently the dice in the game have the same symbols and distribution as X-Wing dice, but they are gold like Han's dice. So are they just trying to tempt X-Wing players into pimping their game?

Personally, I would rather have custom dice for this game, but it's not a complete killer. New dice make me excited, so seeing the same X-Wing dice is a tad underwhelming.

May I ask where this information came from?

Attack or defense dice?

5 hours ago, Arttemis said:

Attack or defense dice?

They are the attack dice from X-Wing. Check out the reveal YouTube video by @Crabbok , he has a nice pic of the dice at around the 5:40 mark.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:22 PM, Arttemis said:

Attack or defense dice?

If you go to the game's main page instead of the news article, you can find more information about the game. This has been true for every newly-announced FFG game I've ever looked into.

Man what a whiny bunch of people.. Be happy you're getting a new Star Wars game.. geez!

8 hours ago, Revoldren said:

Man what a whiny bunch of people.. Be happy you're getting a new Star Wars game.. geez!

You have 1 post on this entire site, so you apparently created an account and logged in just to tell me I'm a whiner. Which is funny, since I wasn't whining. Whining would be, "I can't BELIEVE they are reusing dice from X-Wing. That's so lame! I want new dice. I'm not buying this game if they don't make custom dice." My original post is more of an observation. I stated my slight disappointment at seeing the same dice I have thrown for years. Those feelings are a fact and I wondered if other people felt similarly. My disappointment with the dice is not a reflection of my disappointment with the game. This is readily apparent if you check a few of my other posts in the Outer Rim forums. Yes, I am excited for the game. Yes, I am slightly disappointed by their decision to reuse dice. No, I don't see how this comes across as whining.

No problems, glad they used dice from another line instead of new dice.

Tho, personally i hate D8 and rather they used D10 instead

I think it’s cool. Now I’ll have some gold dice for x-wing and can also throw in some reds when playing outer rim.