Expansion 5 Specuation

By Duciris, in Mansions of Madness

In addition to enjoying the game, I use the minis the other Arkham Files games. So long as we're receiving 1 big & 1 small expansions, we're getting 6 minis each year. (We're missing 20 of the current Arkham Files investigators, which is 4 small & 3 large expansions.) That's got me thinking, I believe we're overdue for a small expansion announcement.

Announcement Release
Core 25 July 2016 04 August 2016
Exp1
11 October 2016
12 January 2017
Exp2
21 June 2017
9 November 2017
Exp3
6 December 2017
19 April 2018
Exp4
2 July 2018
29 November 2018
Exp5 TBA TBA

So, in that vein, I am curious as to what we might see coming up. The expansions we've seen so far include Murder Mystery Parties, the Streets, Museums & Campuses of Arkham, The Silver Twilight Lodge, and a good reason to create the Department of Transportation. Looking at the original expansions, we had the Great (old one) Outdoors & Dunwich and Mad Laboratories.

Writing in the adventures we've had, I have just noticed a significant lack of an asylum. I feel this should receive a big-box treatment and thus won't be next, but an Arkham Asylum / St. Mary's Hospital focused expansion would fill me with joy & dread!

What other avenues would you expect or hope to see?

Edited by Duciris

I think the next expansion will be announced this February and is in the shop in June.

I hope to see in a "big Box" 3 Stories for Mountains of Madness (Lakes Camp (4 Stars, ~180 minutes) and the Elder City (5 Stars, 240 - 300 minutes) and to start a short Crime Mission to prevent a Sabotage of the Expedition (3 Stars, ~120 minutes, can play in Arkham= Base Game +more 2-3 new City titles) and 1 or 2 elder things as monster models..ok its Expansion 6 (Exp6) then.

Edited by Grubby12345

Its march tomorrow, 8 months away from the last annoucement

Nobody hears something from the 5. Expansion ?

Edited by Grubby12345
On 2/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, Duciris said:

I feel this should receive a big-box treatment and thus won't be next, but an Arkham Asylum / St. Mary's Hospital focused expansion would fill me with joy & dread! 

+1

I do hope we will get enough expansions to complete the set of investigators. I too use those miniatures for other Arkham games. Asylum and hospital sounds like a great theme!
There is actually no limit to this game when it comes to creating a good theme in my opinion.
I would also be happy to get just some investigator expansions with a few small extra stuff added.

I do think they are running out of content, but I believe there is also lots more than can be explored. An outdoor wilderness theme, a trip overseas, the hospital etc. would all make good ideas for expansions.

17 hours ago, Nanich said:

the hospital

Oh, I like this idea. I feel some strong Silent Hill vibes here.
It could be named Mansions of Madness: Frailty of Flesh.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:01 AM, Grubby12345 said:

I think the next expansion will be announced this February and is in the shop in June.

I hope to see in a "big Box" 3 Stories for Mountains of Madness (Lakes Camp (4 Stars, ~180 minutes) and the Elder City (5 Stars, 240 - 300 minutes) and to start a short Crime Mission to prevent a Sabotage of the Expedition (3 Stars, ~120 minutes, can play in Arkham= Base Game +more 2-3 new City titles) and 1 or 2 elder things as monster models..ok its Expansion 6 (Exp6) then.

It would be awesome if they found a way to do a ship journey to Antarctica using some of the tiles from Horrific Journeys... maybe that's where the expedition sabotage attempts take place? Regardless, I would be totally onboard for a core box-sized expansion set in Antarctica.