You may become poisoned when already poisoned?

By HalfAsleep, in Heroes of Terrinoth

I'm just wondering about the exploration card "Hornet's nest", that gives you the choice of becoming poisoned to inflict damage to enemies. Can you choose to become poisoned when you are already poisoned? Even though you do not get two poison conditions?

14 hours ago, HalfAsleep said:

I'm just wondering about the exploration card "Hornet's nest", that gives you the choice of becoming poisoned to inflict damage to enemies. Can you choose to become poisoned when you are already poisoned? Even though you do not get two poison conditions?

I would say no.
Per page 11 under 'Choices':
When an ability gives a hero the choice between two different outcomes, the hero may not choose an option that would have no effect unless the other option would also have no effect.

6 hours ago, klempad said:

I would say no.
Per page 11 under 'Choices':
When an ability gives a hero the choice between two different outcomes, the hero may not choose an option that would have no effect unless the other option would also have no effect.

This was my first impression as well, but upon further reflection, I'm not sure if this card qualifies as a choice. In other FFG titles, this would be considered a cost and there is usually a clause in the rules stating that costs must be fully paid in order for an effect to proceed, but there is no mention of costs in the rules.

I'm still not 100% sure of the answer.

I would say not also.

17 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

This was my first impression as well, but upon further reflection, I'm not sure if this card qualifies as a choice. In other FFG titles, this would be considered a cost and there is usually a clause in the rules stating that costs must be fully paid in order for an effect to proceed, but there is no mention of costs in the rules.

I'm still not 100% sure of the answer.

But one paragraph down (under Costs), it says:

If a hero is given a choice between two costs, they cannot choose a cost they cannot pay.

So it would seem to apply here also.

3 hours ago, klempad said:

But one paragraph down (under Costs), it says:

If a hero is given a choice between two costs, they cannot choose a cost they cannot pay.

So it would seem to apply here also.

Wow. I completely missed the cost section.