question on Silver Helm Brigade and Dark Initiate

By numskully, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Silver Helm Brigade: Forced: After this unit takes 1 or more damage, draw a card.

If SHB takes equal to or more damage then it's life, do you draw a card?

Dark Initiate: This unit does not count its power unless you have at least 2 developments in this zone.

What does "count" mean?

Thanks!

1- If they are destroyed the forced effect can't trigger as the card is no more in game when the forced should trigger and it is not mentionned that the forced effect can trigger when they are living game.

2- That means that unless you have 2 developpement in their zone dark initiate power is equal to 0.

1. Each time they receive damage you draw a card, but that is not for each point of damage they receive. I believe if they take enough damage all at once to kill them they are removed from play before their Forced Effect can trigger, but I don't know that for certain.

2. Minor quibble, their power does not equal 0, Blood for the Blood God would still kill them, they are just not allowed to add their power icons to anything (even if you boost them in some fashion).

Thanks for the info on the SHB.

Why isn't the DI worded as "Unit gains 1 power when there is 2 developments in this zone"? I'm still not clear what "counts" means. If it attacks in a non-develoled zone, is it's power 1? And if it's in the quest/kingdom zone, with no developments, it does not provide it's power?

thanks

According to the FAQ, "After" should be interpreted as "when", so I believe the effect would still take place even if the damage kills them.

numskully said:

Thanks for the info on the SHB.

Why isn't the DI worded as "Unit gains 1 power when there is 2 developments in this zone"? I'm still not clear what "counts" means. If it attacks in a non-develoled zone, is it's power 1? And if it's in the quest/kingdom zone, with no developments, it does not provide it's power?

thanks

I couldn't tell you precisely why they worded it the way they do, but if I had to hazard a guess it is because the unit could be pumped up with developments and contribute power but the way it is worded now, no pump could have it contribute power without there being the prerequisite two developments.

Does not count means that you ignore its power when counting power icons for any zone or any combat.

It's worded this way so that, even if the unit gains power icons via support cards, tactics or anything else, you still need two developments for it to count toward anything. It always has a power value, it just cannot be used to generate resources, draw or damage until the criteria is met.

RM

About Silver Helm, aren't "take" mean damege done to unit by itself? (like Arrer Boyz). Anyway, you still can draw a card when they get enough damage to die, becouse Forced trigger before "checking damage to die".

I absolutely agree with rasdsaris.

When an effect triggered, nothing can stop it, even if the source of the trigger left play.

We have the trigger "as sonn as" it takes damage, so, right now, I'd rule it this way. Something can change in the future, but right now, there's nothing preventing us ruling it this way.

The word "count" on Dark Initiate means: "it has no power if you don't control at least 2 devs." You don't count it for any purpose, from combat to other possible stuff.

Has there ever been anything official on the Silver Helm Brigade?