[27]

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Dispatch Runner [7] -
[42]

Lord Vorunthul [40] 1x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5] -
Thirst of Bilehall [5] -
[50]
I found this list to be extremely versatile, provided it protects Ardus to let him be where he should be. Worms and LordV can easily cover his flanks fom unwanted trespassers and dispatch block is big enough to shake off some small harasser and enable 2 or three additional attacks of one of three heavy hitters. In case of death star of course Ardus may become blight dealer. Still unsure what archetype it is, probably balanced. For sure it is not MSU.
26 minutes ago, Skaflok said:
199/200
Ardus IxErebus [37] 1x1
Dimodian Blades [5] -
Ardus Fury [1] -
[43]

Carrion Lancers [27] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6] -
Master-Crafted Weapons [4] -
[37]

Reanimate Archers [18] 2x1
Combat Ingenuity [6] -
Tempered Steel [3] -
[27]

Reanimates [35] 3x2
Dispatch Runner [7] -
[42]

Lord Vorunthul [40] 1x1
Obcasiums Gauntlet [5] -
Thirst of Bilehall [5] -
[50]
I found this list to be extremely versatile, provided it protects Ardus to let him be where he should be. Worms and LordV can easily cover his flanks fom unwanted trespassers and dispatch block is big enough to shake off some small harasser and enable 2 or three additional attacks of one of three heavy hitters. In case of death star of course Ardus may become blight dealer. Still unsure what archetype it is, probably balanced. For sure it is not MSU.

I have tried the MCW/CI Lancers by Ardus but didn’t get it to trigger. I kinda ran Ardus into a stupid spot and died. It seems like a good combo. Dimodian on Ardus is really good.

I am not sure I’m sold on a 3x2 Reanimates with Dispatch. Still, top Waiqar at worlds ran it with success so there must be something there.

I like the list

I would call this balanced. The balanced archetype is meant for all comers style of list. My example for that archetype was going to be a list with a 6 tray infantry, 1-2 archers, 1-2 heroes, and a cav or other supporting unit.

Edited by Church14

One has to play several times with ardus to learn how to not use him and how to create opportunities for him.

Worms next to him can charge or even rally move 3 at init 3 to black charge that would decimate ardus only for him to charge/dispach and decimate 2 rows of spearstar. vampire also catches chargers like crazy.

and reanimates 3*2 can reliably block 2*1 cav (and probably win prolonged melee) while smaller unit would rather perish. 3*2 are laso threat for most heroes, and charging against 2*2 is usually a no-brainer.

I find that I like Simultaneous + Wind Rune on my worms to drop blight and get out of the way, but that may just be personal preference.

The rest of the list is very solid, although I would be a bit concerned at only a single 2x1 Archers. Probably more of an issue vs the Daqan 3x1 Crossbows...

Edited by Skaflok
I accidentally doubled post
40 minutes ago, Skaflok said:

I appreciate your suggestions, but I guess that vorunthul is more than enough to mop up xbows. archers are there to provide support from behind ardus and carrion, not to be a frontline unit

also, if those archers deal blight, ardus borrows from worms ability to deal death. if not, he borrows ability to hit per surge, with his brutality it is devastating.

Agreed

I like flexibility of your worms, , but then I need CI and MCW on archers so ardus keeps his strength. Anyway, I will definitely try this unit out. I saw this combo earlier, but always thought it to be too big an investment.

Edited by Skaflok

Think of it this way, a lot of people put CI on Reanimate archers already. You aren’t spending 10 points for an Ardus combo. You are spending 4 additional points on a unit you are already running.

Personally, I’m not much on wind rune worms as they are always intended to be blockers in my list and not flankers.