Darth Maul must have cards?

By NeverBetTheFett, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I just started using Darth Maul and have been enjoying it. I wonder what others have found were mandatory command cards to take with him? He really needed to have the hunter trait, but he's still fun, especially with Jabba or Emperor.

Maul isn't really designed for high single target damage, so unmitigated damage effects to help him spread it around is good, so Grisly Contest and Force Surge seem like fits. Brawler/melee goodies can help his output for a single target if you need to (looking for a fight, Deathblow). Face to Face can help any 4 speed melee figure get in position to attack.

Playing off of his ability to not be defeated, you'll need Change of Plans to prevent him from activating if you have another force user/brawler (Ezra seems like a decent option that could fit with some smuggler options in scum).

I still want to try to get off the Dying Lunge/Last Resort combo with him. Move 2, attack, explode and still be standing there ready to activate.

What do you play him with? I for one dont think there are any cards that are mandatory for him really. I play him as a versatile piece, a decent melee attacker with a built in situational Grenadier. :) If i play him with other force users, the force user movement cards are auto includes, but other then that I mostly agree with @Fightwookies but I probably wouldnt include many of them unless the rest of the squad can use them too.

Maul and Ezra is pretty thematic and fun. Throw in Hondo and you've got a little squad of Ezra's bad influences. Maybe fit in Caleb Dume or Ahsoka even? Some eGamorreans or Bossk to capitalize on "brawlers". I've tried some of those combos. Not sure which CCs are best.

The problem i have with Maul is that the elite riot troopers for the same price are better in every way. Better defense, health, keywords, damage, everything. For all the good the designers do, they really miss the mark a lot too, still