Rise of the Separatists - Anybody know what's going on?

By ddtrujillo95, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Anybody know if the expansion really is going to release or not? I recall the original release date being Q4 of last year and now we're entering February of the year after the projected release and it still says that it's on the boat since September of last year. I can't be the only one concerned by this, at least I hope I'm not. If I missed something then please, any info will be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, ddtrujillo95 said:

Anybody know if the expansion really is going to release or not? I recall the original release date being Q4 of last year and now we're entering February of the year after the projected release and it still says that it's on the boat since September of last year. I can't be the only one concerned by this, at least I hope I'm not. If I missed something then please, any info will be greatly appreciated!

I'm not concerned, books get extremely delayed at times. Cyphers and Masks took an age to get to us.

I'm gonna go with FFG doesn't have it yet to sell to us, with a prediction of when they do, they will.

Every year I tell myself don’t but preorders never know if things we’ll go sour. Then every year books seem to be realeased on a regular bases then between the new and old year it happens again!! FF please stop playing my heart like this.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "On the Boat." Products can be stuck in this limbo for as little as a couple of weeks to roughly a year or more. The most egregious examples I can remember were Cyphers and Masks and Fly Casual .

About the only reassurance I can offer is that, to date, FFG has never not delivered on a Star Wars product. Even if it's taken a year and a half, we always get the book.

Rumors in the past have blamed printing errors for the delays. That is, the books arrive Stateside and fail the quality check, so FFG has to ask for them to be reprinted and reboated. Not sure if that's what's going on here, though.

8 hours ago, SavageBob said:

Rumors in the past have blamed printing errors for the delays. That is, the books arrive Stateside and fail the quality check, so FFG has to ask for them to be reprinted and reboated. Not sure if that's what's going on here, though.

And worth noting that when this has happened in the past, the status doesn’t regress to “At the Printer.”

Adding to what SavageBob said, I have no way of knowing for sure, but my significant other is a customs and trade manager for procurement company who deals with China on an almost daily basis and said that there have been a couple of declared vessel fires. Not saying that this is what affected the shipment, but it seems to make sense that if the shipment was damaged in the fire then they would need to get a new batch reprinted, which would then delay things a little more.

The preview for the Dragon Age Faces of Thedas was in 2016. Preorder article went up this month. So could be worse.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, Kyla said:

Adding to what SavageBob said, I have no way of knowing for sure, but my significant other is a customs and trade manager for procurement company who deals with China on an almost daily basis and said that there have been a couple of declared vessel fires. Not saying that this is what affected the shipment, but it seems to make sense that if the shipment was damaged in the fire then they would need to get a new batch reprinted, which would then delay things a little more.

FFG Pres: Have we fixed the shipping issues? I don't want another load to end up impounded in Jakarta.

FFG Employee: Yes sir! All fixed, new company looks great, even inspected the ship myself.

Pres: Oh? How's it look? Is it going to be any faster than the previous?

Employee: Oh yes sir, looks great, and you can just smell that diesel everywhere. The crew says she's the hottest running ship in the Pacific. Blazing fast!

Pres: Perfect.

I heard they messed up the stats for Darth JarJar and the whole lot had to be dumped into the sea.

8 hours ago, themensch said:

I heard they messed up the stats for Darth JarJar and the whole lot had to be dumped into the sea.

Now that’s a press coverage that no company wants. Dumping Star Wars stuff in the ocean.

16 hours ago, Zuldan said:

Now that’s a press coverage that no company wants. Dumping Star Wars stuff in the ocean.

The Last Jedi dumped Star Wars into the ocean.

12 hours ago, Metalghost said:

The Last Jedi dumped Star Wars into the ocean.

62f657a6595c9b9e953d211448f163bb.gif

I suggest you write to FFG and ask. They may give you a standard line but then again when we all did for Fully Operational it came out a week later... probably coincidence, but you literally have nothing to lose, as the average for books these days are longer than the lifecycle of some RPGs lol.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, themensch said:

No they wanted to show how he was behind everything and Palpatine was just his puppet :P

And if his stats were just "he wins" nobody can mess that up :D

Still waiting... For that rise...

At this point I visualize the boat in question as one of those foot paddle boats used on swan ponds in city parks, with a crew of underage child laborers

bravely foot paddling their boat across the pacific with the promise of a small bag of M&M's on the other side.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, chumbly said:

At this point I visualize the boat in question as one of those foot paddle boats used on swan ponds in city parks, with a crew of underage child laborers

bravely foot paddling their boat across the pacific with the promise of a small bag of M&M's on the other side.

I'm thinking more the OOCL Hong Kong. Nearly 400m long, can carry over 21,400 containers, and has an average cruising speed under 17mph.

It's perfect for hauling Star Wars stuff. Ridiculously oversized, vague encumbrance listing, and you'll be waiting on it for months.

Another Xmas Release .... didn't say which year. ;)

The book went 'On The Boat' unusually fast. I think pretty much as soon as it was announced? That set expectations high that we'd see it around Christmas. My guess is a mistake was made and it very much wasn't On The Boat(tm).

Edited by Arbitrator

I use to play x wing and some ships were on the boat for 1/2 a year

I guess it gives me more time to prepare for the game I was going to run.

And at Christmas I thought I was running short on time.

Edited by Arbitrator

I sincerely hope that someone takes notice of the issues that the SW RPG line has been having in delivering content and communicating issues and resolves it. This is my most recent email to FFG;

On February 8th I asked that someone contact me with an update on the status of my pre-orders which are the latest in a long line of products to be delayed well beyond what should be expected with no notification, communication or discussion of the reasons therefore. I was told that the department would be in touch shortly and have received no communications. Is this how this company does business? Set a timeline for product release that is wildly exceeded with no stated reason and then not even take the time to be courteous enough to respond to its customers? I am not alone in my disgust at how the stream of products for the SW RPG line has been constantly delayed and beleaguered. Most of the people I began playing this game with have moved on to Pathfinder, Mouseguard, 5th Edition or other games that engage their customers and readily deliver products on time and with clear and open lines of communication. I will be sharing this letter and any response (or not) with the fans of this game so that they can see what sort of level of support they can expect from FFG. It is my sincere hope that you not only respond but provide reasons for the unrealistic delays, the utter lack of communication and begin to provide more regular updates to the people who have committed time and money towards supporting this company.

You've made a fair point there. Wizards pump out content at a much better and consistent pace than FFG and offer a lot of free stuff (unearthed arcana) aswell. I'm guessing it is because the SWRPG isn't a big money spinner.