Painting

By Ywingscum, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Are you going to paint your minis?

who already has there supplies?

I have some paints and supplies. I’ll likely have to buy a couple more colours as I think I will paint my heroes. Not sure about the monsters, see how it goes.

I'm not. I wish I could buy them pre-painted though.

19 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Yeah... that would be nice, but unlike option to happen.

I’m a miniature painter who also likes playing boardgames. Normally I don’t paint miniatures of boardgames but for this one I’m going to make an exception 😀

I'm going to paint. I have leftover supplies from IA, but I'll likely need to buy some more colors and maybe some more brushes. I know that I'll run out of matte finish, so I'll end up getting more of that too.

4 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

This.

Prepainted seems to cost something like $4.5 to $8.0... for Human size miniatures. So 8 heroes for the fist set would cost from $35 to $64... not sure how Many would buy those. That was problem Also with arkham miniatures.

but, yeah They would be nice!

Edited by Hannibal_pjv

Of course i'm gonna paint them i paint all my FFG miniatures.

Where is the fun in playing with grey lumps of plastic.

A little paints adds so much to your miniatures even if you do like only 3 colors, it's well worth it.

ABSOLUTELY

I could paint them but will not. If they do not come nicely inked like they look in the photos then I will at least do that much.

I'd love to paint them myself, to learn how and save money, but I will not risk my precious LotR minis. I'll figure it out on Drakon or something and let Sorastro do the real stuff.

Part of the appeal (for me) is that there are unpainted miniatures that I get the opportunity to paint. Though I can see hesitation or sadness from people that don't have miniature paints handy.