So, Leia...

By Ram, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

I havent played with her since the early Twins days, but I want to dust her off. Anyone want to share a good Leia squad and command deck/cards?

Played a list of Leia with motivation together with eRangers and Sabine for Hunter synergy (+ RCP). Was quite fun.

Yeah, I am thinking a lot about pairing her with Sabine as well. The need for a ranged threat with some oomph and Sabine is spot on. I will add Hera as well and at least some of the RCP. But for the last 10-15 points I am not sure what to do really... :) Drokatta or Kotun perhaps...

Or perhaps:

9 Drokkatta
8 Leia Organa
7 CT-1701
7 Sabine Wren
3 Gideon Argus
2 C-3P0
2x 2 Alliance Smuggler

Should be fun at least.

Edited by Ram

I've never tried it, but Drokkatta seems like a great fit for a Leia partner. Drok has a strong attack, is beefy enough to leave in the open for a turn to take Leia's second shot, and if you draw Arcing Shot you can take that second shot without having to expose Drok at all.

I used her with someone's "pure jank" list and had fun. It was Chewie, her, eWooks, and a bunch of smuggs. The idea was that when the smuggs bit it, Chewie could reactivate and then she would be able to recycle his card so he could do it again. It was better in theory but still fun.

She's really good with Han (relatively speaking). Drok and Sabine need focus or Hera to make long range shots reliably but Han doesn't thanks to his reroll and +2 surge. Also Han doesn't mind exposing himself a bit thanks to the threat of return fire, distracting and on the lam.

Not sure how good it would be, but if you temporary alliance'd her into Scum she'd be cool with Hondo/Onar/ Etc. Maybe something like

Leia

Hondo

Onar

Greedo

Gideon

R2

eJawa

c3po

Regular Clawdite

Run all the big Hunter stuff (assassinate/heightened reflexes/tools for the job), On the Lam, 2nd Chance, and Intel Leak, Negation, and maybe Strength in Numbers? Then flavor 0 costs to taste.

I took a Lover's Box list to the Atlanta regionals and came in second. It's a super fun list. I brought Han, Drok, Leia, R2, 3po, Gideon, and MHD. I'm now testing out different variants using Sabine instead of Drok.

9 hours ago, Averagejo3gam3r said:

I took a Lover's Box list to the Atlanta regionals and came in second. It's a super fun list. I brought Han, Drok, Leia, R2, 3po, Gideon, and MHD. I'm now testing out different variants using Sabine instead of Drok.

This looks awesome! The Drok for Sabine switch feels spot on and its a magnificent use of the smugglers box! What command deck did you use?

10 hours ago, Ram said:

This looks awesome! The Drok for Sabine switch feels spot on and its a magnificent use of the smugglers box! What command deck did you use?

Here's the cc's I used in Atlanta: on the lam, miracle worker, tools for the job, heart of freedom, second chance, arcing shot, intel leak, negation, stealth tactics, positioning advantage, hour of need, take initiative, planning, element of surprise, advanced warning

Advanced Warning was a surprise MVP. Stealth Tactics was such a let down. Blank, blank, one block the three times I saw it. It's a swingy card to begin with, but man it was disappointing. I'm definitely dropping it going forward because it directly contributed to Han dying in two of my games. I'd put him out there thinking he'd survive a Zeb double attack with stealth, then he didn't.

Another change I'm looking at is Comms Disruption for Heart of Freedom. Even with just one spy, there's so many good one cost cards to kill. Negation to guarantee my Take Initiative succeeds, Parting Blow, Strength in Numbers, etc. Or burning it to kill a first turn Rebel Graffiti is worth it.

With the Sabine variant, I'm testing out a hunter heavy CC list with Assassinate and Primary Target.