Idea: A way BattleLore COULD be epically revived

By Watercolour Dragon, in BattleLore

The new 'LOTR Journeys...' game and some other thinking and reflecting led to a bit of an idea, what if FFG rethought the games from the ground (map tiles) up, could they do something epic with some of the games making use of where Runewars, BattleLore and Descent overlap (it could even work for the maps aspect of Runebound too), it has the key benefit too for FFG that it would actually make keeping BattleLore and Runewars (the original, the miniatures game is a separate thing) going easier as they'd be part of a clever multi-game system where there are overlapping bits then the unique bits each game required...

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/289043-the-land-endures/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-3604281

Actually, now that you bring this up I would love a LotR Battlelore Edition this would be really cool. I just want it to comes back in a fantasy theme of some sort idc just bring this game back.

i will sell all my games to play any new content from battlelore second edition or for a third edition of battlelore.
this is my all time favorite game. im so sad that they stop it before we got the elfs and more content....

On 7/21/2020 at 9:20 AM, mrelrom667 said:

i will sell all my games to play any new content from battlelore second edition or for a third edition of battlelore.
this is my all time favorite game. im so sad that they stop it before we got the elfs and more content....

This may not be what you're looking for, but have you seen this fan-made Latari Elves project?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2423983/budgernauts-latari-elves-project

Looking good Budgernaut- like I've said elsewhere I've been thinking of and working on various Terrinoth fan projects including porting RWM and Descent entities to Battlelore as well as making some Battlelore maps (I have hex map design kit software) with the idea that as the minis might be too big in some cases solutions such as having tokens for units within a unit (for example one leonx rider figure but three unit tokens) or even if needs be doing a bigger map (which my dragon-y plans may call for- I have some big dragons and some big plans for them)

So the elves and more including a wider range of uthuk/daqan/undead units, possibly a few surprises *skarn manor of ravens throws in quick tease* are definitely coming to Battlelore (it's well worth getting the Runewars Miniatures sets if you get a chance- even though the figures are bigger - also as a result much better as that was one of Battlelore's few flaws- I have ways of making things work for Battlelore.) I'm also exploring some twists using Descent tiles and bits, if I can overcome some squares vs hexes issues. As Descent second edition has an uncertain future due to a new Descent box looming on the horizon it's also worth snapping up any second edition Descent you want just in case it becomes unavailable. I will likely be making quite a bit of use of that too.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, player1593159 said:

Actually, now that you bring this up I would love a LotR Battlelore Edition this would be really cool. I just want it to comes back in a fantasy theme of some sort idc just bring this game back.

Now you mention that I've been getting the LOTR journeys sets both for that game and minis for custom Descent/RPG use (it has some useful spiders/enemies etc), I now think I know what else I'll end up doing, there has to be potential for a 'battleloring' LOTR Journeys mix-up :)