Vader's own Command- Lord of the Sith , Opinions

By topacesteve, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Hello, did you find any usage for Lord Vaders own command card, Lord of the Sith? its mighty expensive at 3

Do you think there is a place for it in the current meta? In my opinion it should be replaced by FFG (reworked)

The problem with that card is that it does not override any of the restrictions such as you can only perform 1 attack action or you may only perform the same special action once

if reworked, I would potentially make it cost 2 or 3, allow Vader to perform multiple attacks during this activation and give the benefit of "Deadly Precision" and "Single Purpose", then perhaps we'll see some play. This would place it on a similar power curve as Son of Skywalker and Blaze of Glory

Lord of the Sith Deadly Precision Single Purpose

I'm trying to think of a situation where this card could be useful on its own (i.e. without other command cards). The best I can think of is:

-force choke to kill someone

-move four to get in range of someone else

-attack someone else, ideally killing them

-move in range of someone else for end-of-round attack

And I mean, yeah, that's a great activation. But it's just sooo situational. If you can't see someone that's exactly 2 damage short of death to start your activation then it's not happening.

A more consistent scenario might be killing someone on your activation and then getting close to someone far away to surprise them with your end-of-round attack, but for three points that's just not cutting it on a consistent basis. Compare it to something like Opportunistic, which gives pretty much the same benefit to any scum figure for 0.

It's a really bad command card as is, far too situational to be of use (though you could set up some cool parting blow shenanigans with the right cards). If you get an extra move out of it then it's definitely not worth 3 (Price of Glory would be far better for 2), and if you're getting a force choke out of it why not just run Force Surge (2 cost) to give you better consistency. It's laughable how bad it is compared to Son of Skywalker and they both came out in the Core Set. Best use would be moving/Force Choking something, then using the card to attack someone close. Single Purpose on the Original no "Driven by Hatred" Vader with brutality and this would be pretty sick though, but again far too difficult to set up.

38 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

It's a really bad command card as is, far too situational to be of use (though you could set up some cool parting blow shenanigans with the right cards). If you get an extra move out of it then it's definitely not worth 3 (Price of Glory would be far better for 2), and if you're getting a force choke out of it why not just run Force Surge (2 cost) to give you better consistency. It's laughable how bad it is compared to Son of Skywalker and they both came out in the Core Set. Best use would be moving/Force Choking something, then using the card to attack someone close. Single Purpose on the Original no "Driven by Hatred" Vader with brutality and this would be pretty sick though, but again far too difficult to set up.

You couldn’t use single purpose on brutality though, as that would break the one action on attacks per activation rule.

Parting Blow is Vader's true signature command card with unshakable and dark energy. Would have been cool if Lord of the Sith gave him Assault during his activation, but skirmish was just wonky back in wave 1.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:10 AM, ffmonkey said:

You couldn’t use single purpose on brutality though, as that would break the one action on attacks per activation rule.

Ah yes, you are correct, I had a mind slip and was thinking about the Rancor combo'd with Wild Fury. My bad!

Of all the command cards available, this one was the most disappointing considering what I thought this card let me do (cut an unendding swath through my enemies army) vs what it actually does (maybe let's me get a free force choke.)

What about:

Lord of the Sith
EMPIRE Darth Vader
Cost: 2

Use during your activation to perform an attack or "Force Choke" as a free action. Then gain 1 WILDCARD TOKEN.

untested idea:

Cost: 3

Vader only

(does not cost an action) For each hostile figure adjacent to you, perform 1 attack with a <melee> weapon targeting that figure

gives him back his Brutality

the above was copied from Diala's 4xp Way of the Sarlacc