App not compatible?

By frazeebd, in Mansions of Madness

I picked up MoM 2nd Ed today at my local game store.

When I try to download the companion app, I get a message saying the device is not compatible. This is occurring on both my phone and tablet.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.0.0 fully updated, the phone is less than a year old and there is plenty of storage space. The tablet is an 8" Verizon Ellipsis 8 fully updated.

I had a friend just try to download it as well from Google Play Store on a new Galaxy S9 and he is receiving the same error.

Is this a problem with the Google Play Store or the app? It's quite frustrating to get home with the game and the app doesn't download on any of my devices. I'm aware that there is a PC based Steam version but honestly, there must be something wrong here because the app SHOULD work on these devices.

Screenshot_20190124-161236_Google Play Store.jpg

FWIW, I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 running Android 8, and I was able to download and install it just now.

I primarily use the app on my tablet, which is an iPad, so i can't comment on that.

Is it possible that your devices are set to download large apps only over wireless connections? From the screenshot, it looks like your phone is only on cellular data.

Had the same problem. I will let you know

Edited by Shirys