Regional at Easy Games in SD, CA

By ozmodon, in Star Wars: Destiny

Can anyone look at the YouTube video at 1:07:30 at tell me. Did the guy on the right during the draw step draw a second chance(ie Lando had just died) and then discarded it to draw another card or am I crazy? Not to mention planned explosion says remove all your dice so Qui-Gon shouldn't have lost two shields at the end of the round.

He doesn't have enough resources to put second chance in play on Lando. Planned explosion said "play only if you have dice showing a combined value of 10 or more. Remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character" and that'll kills yoda. He still have 1 die in play which is Biggs blank die, he rerolled it and he got 2 ranged damage and that's why qui-gon loss 2 shields.

I see what you mean by drawing a card then discard and drawing another card which he is not suppose to do that. Second chance is the yellow character only. And he have a red character left in play.

1 hour ago, hurricat5 said:

He doesn't have enough resources to put second chance in play on Lando. Planned explosion said "play only if you have dice showing a combined value of 10 or more. Remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character" and that'll kills yoda. He still have 1 die in play which is Biggs blank die, he rerolled it and he got 2 ranged damage and that's why qui-gon loss 2 shields.

Play only if you have dice showing a combined value of 10 or more.

Remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character.

Not only is it two different sentences they even space it. The second part says remove all dice not only dice equaling 10. Having a value of 10 showing is the first part. Removing all dice to then do 10 damage is the second part. It doesn't say remove those dice, it says all dice. Am I missing something?

Edited by ozmodon

Only the dice are equal to or more 10 values then remove those dice to deal damages, blanks and other values dice doesn't count it, they stay in the pool.

6 minutes ago, hurricat5 said:

Only the dice are equal to or more 10 values then remove those dice to deal damages, blanks and other values dice doesn't count it, they stay in the pool.

Where does it say that on the card. On the card it says remove all dice not some dice or those dice it says all dice.

Suddenly planned explosion looks a whole lot more appealing

Remove all of you dice.

02116.jpg

1 hour ago, hurricat5 said:

10 posts and no one has liked or laughed at any. While you have misread the card let me give you a like in any case.

42 minutes ago, Amanal said:

10 posts and no one has liked or laughed at any. While you have misread the card let me give you a like in any case.

So you are saying remove all dice doesn't mean all dice? No wonder this game allows zero as an option. Like I said I'll gladly play it that way. It just became 50% better. It no where says those dice. So all = some in Destiny.

The guy on the video did the same thing that I did before, along the guys that I'd played with agreed with me. It doesn't means all dice in the pool, it said ONLY IF you have 10 or more values then you removed the dice of THAT values to deal damages.

Having dice showing a value of 10 or more is a play restriction. The cards text is remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character. You have to remove all of your dice. Not some not the ones that equal a value of 10 its all dice for 10 damage.

24 minutes ago, ozmodon said:

So you are saying remove all dice doesn't mean all dice? No wonder this game allows zero as an option. Like I said I'll gladly play it that way. It just became 50% better. It no where says those dice. So all = some in Destiny.

Look who I am responding to.

You hit the hammer on the nail. All cards = All cards.

All I am saying is someone with 10 posts should have at least one like or lol.

22 minutes ago, hurricat5 said:

The guy on the video did the same thing that I did before, along the guys that I'd played with agreed with me. It doesn't means all dice in the pool, it said ONLY IF you have 10 or more values then you removed the dice of THAT values to deal damages.

I have posted the image of the card (up a bit). Remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character. This isn't even remotely vague. It exactly means all the dice in your pool. 😂

Edited by Amanal

See Rafug9 gets it! 🙂

35 minutes ago, Amanal said:

Look who I am responding to.

You hit the hammer on the nail. All cards = All cards.

All I am saying is someone with 10 posts should have at least one like or lol.

I have posted the image of the card (up a bit). Remove all of your dice and deal 10 damage to a character. This isn't even remotely vague. It exactly means all the dice in your pool. 😂

Then the card was played wrong in the video as I pointed out according to you and me. Seems to me in these big tournaments the top 8 or 10 tables should have judges overseeing them

There is no ambiguity at all over Planned Explosion. You have to remove all dice you have in the pool and then do 10 damage to a character. It doesn't say only those dice which have the combined value of 10.