Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) Rule explanations, Interviews and Battles

By Karneck, in Star Wars: Armada

How-to use Squadron "YT-2400" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Squadron "Tie Advanced" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Squadron "Y-wing" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Updated Raddus
How-to use Commander "Admiral Raddus" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

removed

Edited by Karneck

How-to use Squadron "HWK-290" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Forgot to post but I'm at LVO, livesteaming!

Go to my YouTube channel!

Round 1 is over and round 2 starts in 20 minutes!

How-to use Squadron "Lambda-class Shuttle" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Commander "General Romodi" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Weapons Team "Local Fire Control" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Edited by Karneck

Sorry everybody! Take 2 on Local Fire control. The above video link has been updated with the new video.
I made quite a few small errors in the first video and I felt the need to reshoot to correct them. Thats what I get for making a video in a rush!
My next video will be Commander Agate! followed by ignition and then Heavy Fire Zone.

Edited by Karneck

Thank you for your enormous work

How-to use Commander "Kyrsta Agate" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

The KARM has been updated with all Wave 8 material but will continue to be refined. The KARM is almost completely operational as the only two areas left to work on is Objectives and streamlining and integrating all ship and squadron expansion booklets into the RRG.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T57stO2NSGdgf8ikhL_x_cXDBqYpFSDs

Edited by Karneck

How-to Play "Ignition Attacks" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Totally forgot to post my new video from this morning!
How-to use Turbolasers "Heavy Fire Zone" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Just watched your video on Heavy Fire Zone. Absolutely agree with your interpretation of the card’s basic intent. But I do have a question for you...

In the last couple of minutes, you seem to imply that Draven/Kallus don’t work with HFZ, but I can’t see why that would be the case. Scenario:

I have an ISD-II with Kallus and HFZ. Luke Skywalker is at long range. I target him with flak fire, change my blues to reds with HFZ, and roll (let’s say I get two single hits). During the resolve attack effects step, Kallus allows me to add a die of any color, because Luke is unique. So I throw in a black, and get a third hit. This seems legal. Do you disagree? Or did I misunderstand you?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Just watched your video on Heavy Fire Zone. Absolutely agree with your interpretation of the card’s basic intent. But I do have a question for you...

In the last couple of minutes, you seem to imply that Draven/Kallus don’t work with HFZ, but I can’t see why that would be the case. Scenario:

I have an ISD-II with Kallus and HFZ. Luke Skywalker is at long range. I target him with flak fire, change my blues to reds with HFZ, and roll (let’s say I get two single hits). During the resolve attack effects step, Kallus allows me to add a die of any color, because Luke is unique. So I throw in a black, and get a third hit. This seems legal. Do you disagree? Or did I misunderstand you?

Thanks!

I think you misunderstood what Karneck was saying. The timing of Agent Kallus or General Draven is after the use of Heavy Fire Zone . You add dice in attack step 3 ( Resolve Attack Effects ). You exchange blue dice to red dice before attack step 2 ( Roll Attack Dice ). Why is this important? If you have only 1 blue anti-squadron die and the attack is obstructed , you can't benefit from Kallus' or Draven's effects (or a CF dial). The attack is canceled in step 2, never reaching 3.

Karneck wanted to deny a misinterpretation of timing, saying: To throw a second blue die in with Kallus/Draven and then exchange them to red, to have enough dice to come around obstuction is not possible. But you could use HFZ to attack at long range and if you have a valid initial attack pool in step 2, then you may add a die during step 3 from Kallus or Draven or a CF dial.

Ah, ok. I did misunderstand him. I thought he was saying that those guys were just incompatible with HFZ.

Triangular got it.

It was just so I was being clear you couldn't add the Kallus and Draven dice in the initial attack pool. They are "add" effects and added in after the initial attack pool is rolled.

How-to use Officer "Kyrsta Agate" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Reeva Demesne" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

removed

Edited by Karneck
1 hour ago, Karneck said:

How-to use Officer "Commander Beck" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Have you ever thought about approaching FFG as a copy editor?

If I had the ability to work for FFG, I would. But they aren't going to accept some random as a developer for their games haha.