Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) Rule explanations, Interviews and Battles

By Karneck, in Star Wars: Armada

How-to use Officer "Lira Wessex" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Reminder! September 21st, this Saturday!

I'll be awake and ready to throw down starting at 8am PST on Vassal, and I'll be playing until 11:59pm PST.
I'll be accepting all challengers of any skill level! We can play serious, or we can play jank, its up to you! Rebellion in the Rim cards are allowed!
Pop on the SWAE discord here https://discord.gg/RATKqSX and pop a message @ me in general asking to fight me! If I'm free, we'll play, if there's a line, I'll let you know when I might be free.
Of course I'll be livestreaming the entire thing! Don't have vassal? No problem! Go watch my playlist of how to install it! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgigSR22Ne2VjGlyZ61fz8G2sNbqxpiBy

Good morning ARMADA!
Please come join me for a day of community involvement playing Armada on vassal!

How-to use Title "Ravager" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How did you use RitR cards on Vassal? Is there a recent update?

EDIT: Never mind. Now I see what you did.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

I'm a tricksy one!

How-to use Title "Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Emperor Palpatine" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Squadron "YT-1300" (and Han / Lando) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Support Team "Auxiliary Shields Team" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Turbolasers "Linked Turbolaser Towers" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Expert Shield Tech" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Captain Rex" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

I will be hosting a live stream tomorrow at 11am PST doing Q&A on RitR, list building and answering any questions you may have!

Come pick my brain and find out what I know!

Live streaming for the next hour on Star Wars Armada Q&A!
Come pick my brain!
https://youtu.be/JcW3X1j8bq4

How-to use Title "Corvus" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

A VERY long video on a card that is more complicated than it appears
How-to use Offensive Retrofit "Proximity Mines" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

It didn't feel long to me. However, I just watched it on a very long bus ride.

@Karneck You're really sure, that the weird sentence about placing the mines beyond distance 5 is for future maybes?

What upgrades or rules could possibly come out that allow or force to deploy before deployment ? To me it just looks as if they made a last minute change from "After deploying fleets..." or "After deploying this ship..." to "Before ..." and then they forgot about the redundancy of the passus with distance from ships.

You're nearer to devs and know a little bit more, so if you're sure for a reason, just say so, please.

2 hours ago, Triangular said:

@Karneck You're really sure, that the weird sentence about placing the mines beyond distance 5 is for future maybes?

What upgrades or rules could possibly come out that allow or force to deploy before deployment ? To me it just looks as if they made a last minute change from "After deploying fleets..." or "After deploying this ship..." to "Before ..." and then they forgot about the redundancy of the passus with distance from ships.

You're nearer to devs and know a little bit more, so if you're sure for a reason, just say so, please.

That's how the card is as written, unless we get an FAQ that changes it, thats the only interpretation I can currently draw.

I can picture a future objective were at the beginning of the setup phase a player is forced to place one or several ships before obstacles, or place ships as if they were obstacles. Then the rule makes much more sense.

My 300th Video! So many thanks to everyone that has supported my channel to make it this far!
How-to use "Lightsaber Nunchucks" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

7 hours ago, Karneck said:

My 300th Video! So many thanks to everyone that has supported my channel to make it this far!
How-to use "Lightsaber Nunchucks" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

I think we're going to see a lot more MS-1 Ion Cannons...but wait, DCO...

How-to use Weapons Team "Weapons Battery Techs" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Title "Liberator" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)