Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE) Rule explanations, Interviews and Battles

By Karneck, in Star Wars: Armada

Livestream is starting! Come chat!

How-to use Title "Stronghold" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to play Objective "Fleet in Being" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Title "Sovereign" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to play Objective "Ion Storm" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Title "7th Fleet Star Destroyer" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to play Objective "Volatile Deposits" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Admiral Ozzel" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to play Objective "Rift Assault" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

So I've looked at when I'll have some free time to do a community battle, and that is on September 21st.

Mark your calendars!

I'll be awake and ready to throw down starting at 8am PST, and I'll be playing until 11:59pm PST. I'll be accepting all challengers of any skill level! We can play serious, or we can play jank, its up to you! We'll be playing on Vassal, watch my tutorial videos here to get started. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgigSR22Ne2VjGlyZ61fz8G2sNbqxpiBy

Pop on the SWAE discord here https://discord.gg/RATKqSX and pop a message @ me in general asking to fight me! If I'm free, we'll play, if there's a line, I'll let you know when I might be free.

Of course I'll be livestreaming the entire thing!

Edited by Karneck

How-to play Objective "Abandoned Mining Facility" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

26 minutes ago, Karneck said:

How-to play Objective "Abandoned Mining Facility" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

Wow wow wow. You can't use projection experts and this objectives effect? That would mean you can't spend two engineering points on Projections Experts and then use your remaining engineering points on yourself. That is not how I understood Projection Experts. I thought it too would give you an additional way to spend your engineering points just like Abandoned Mining Facility does.

Or do you just mean that you can't use the two points you spend on Projection Experts effect to also "suck" a victory token from an obstacle but you can still use your remaining engineering points however you want?

This part is very unclear in the video.

26 minutes ago, LordCola said:

Wow wow wow. You can't use projection experts and this objectives effect? That would mean you can't spend two engineering points on Projections Experts and then use your remaining engineering points on yourself. That is not how I understood Projection Experts. I thought it too would give you an additional way to spend your engineering points just like Abandoned Mining Facility does.

Or do you just mean that you can't use the two points you spend on Projection Experts effect to also "suck" a victory token from an obstacle but you can still use your remaining engineering points however you want?

This part is very unclear in the video.

The 2nd part of what you said, thats the point I was making.

You can spend engineering points to either claim tokens, or on other engineering effects.

You can't spend two engineering points on projecting and somehow magically claim a victory token as well.

Edited by Karneck

How-to use Title "Eclipse" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to play Objective "Infested Fields" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Director Krennic" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Commander Gherant" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

I have had success with gherant on a raider with Vader on a nearby flotilla in Imperal MSU. The crit effect has come in handy in 2 games but I use him and Vaider plus Ordanace experts to really fish for accuracies or doubles it works out nice.

Huh, thats not half bad.

How-to use Title "Phoenix Home" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

He is the Senate.

How-to use Commander "Emperor Palpatine" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Officer "Darth Vader" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Squadron "Tie Fighter" (and Uniques) - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)

How-to use Title "Executor" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)