New GM for Fireborn looking for advice

By ZephyrTheDragon, in Fireborn

I've downloaded the Lost Lore PDF so I have the errata stuff, but the biggest problem for me is coming up with adventures. Being a DM for D&D I'm used to attempting to create fairly balanced combat encounters...

but since I have no experience in this system I'm not so firm on how combat works or what types of adventures play to this system's strengths.

If anyone has any recommendations on what to set up for the adventures or helpful hints to help understand combat better I'd be happy to hear them.

If you are concerned about over doing bad guys I'd ease in to combat. Start with a little mystery that leads to one low level critter and see how that goes. Choose another critter that looks easy but use 2 or three and slowly get an idea of where your pc's sit compared to enemies. It should also give you a nice idea of what you like and don't like about the combat system so you can adjust enemies in the future to make them more or less of a challenge. As far as the actual adventures go they won't differe in content too much from any other game you've run just in the dressing. instead of finding the lost hermit in the woods they may need to hack a web site (though the nice thing with is game is they may in deed still have to find the lostermit in the woods heh)

That is a good point, I'll certainly keep that in mind as I plan out adventures. I'm not really all that used to planning out modern-day settings since most of my material is for role playing in fantasy middle-ages type settings.