new promos?

By TheHunterBoy, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Anyone out there who has some news about the new four promos previously announced for the Realms of Terrinoth event??

They're not new promos at all, unfortunately: Truthseer Kel, Nara the Fang, Jonas the Kind, and Tobin Farslayer. They did come with hero cards for Runewars, but I believe they've all been available for Descent and Runebound previously.

What about the booklet of premier scenarios for Runebound and Descent, and the "and more" bit in the goody bag?

I think it was just the booklet, the promo figs with Runewars cards, and that was it. I could be forgetting something, but it wasn't anything major.

The scenario booklet has:

• The Snitty State of the Overlords, a two-team dungeon by John Kovalic where each team is both heroes for their half of the dungeon, and the overlord for the other team's half.
  • The Dark Grove, an outdoor adventure that blends the rules for normal Descent and RtL.
  • A Knight's Tale, an adventure made for two teams of heroes fighting against both themselves and the overlord.

Snitty State is pretty fun, but the win condition is fairly ambiguous, and needs a bit of fine-tuning.

The Dark Grove is pretty fun. It's an outdoor dungeon that uses the RtL tiles. It should be possible to play without RtL, if you've got markers for where the trees and mud are. Monsters are still spawned when a new area is revealed or when the overlord plays a spawning card, and the monsters enter the map by using the reinforcement rules in RtL. The dungeon is split up into areas, but there's no doors, so a new area shows up whenever a hero sets foot in it (monsters can't enter unrevealed areas, of course). Also, the reinforcement marker is used (but flips over for free when a new area is explored, in addition to when the overlord pays 15 threat). Aside from all that, however, it plays like a normal dungeon.

A Knight's Tale is another special rules dungeon. The object is to be the team with the most "loot" at the end (or for the overlord, to kill both teams' knights). Each team has two heroes, a knight and a squire. The knight gets a few benefits, such as a free gold treasure (draw 3 at random, pick one), Daze on all his attacks, and can spend two surges to draw a feat card, but he can't attack the other team's knight or squire unless he's been attacked, he can't gather loot, and he doesn't respawn if killed. The squire can grab loot, and can also use Taunt, which lets him force any attack to target him, if the attacker is within 5 squares and could attack him normally. Loot is scattered all over the dungeon, takes up a backpack slot, and is dropped on the ground if the character holding it is killed, but it can be "banked" if a team's squire brings the loot to the team's starting square. The game's over when the master ice wyrm is killed, or 10 turns after the final area is revealed, and whatever team has the most loot banked wins.

I have read somewhere in the past that the promos were briefly available for sale direct from FFG. Any word on this exercise being repeated?

It would be good to obtain a copy of the scenario booklet as well as copies of the new Runewars cards to go with the figures I have so far managed to collect. I guess in time it would also be nice to have Dungeonquest related cards for these promos to allow the characters to adventure throughout the complete world of Terrinoth. happy.gif

I'm new to FFG Forums so can anyone please advise on the best way to convey this desire to FFG?

I was at the event this last weekend and the one thing both the game designers said in the sessions was that they do read the forums. And that FFG staff does read and monitor the forums. The game designers do not post - but will monitor the posts.

So - forums are good as any place I would suppose to express your interest...

SoylentGreen said:

I was at the event this last weekend and the one thing both the game designers said in the sessions was that they do read the forums. And that FFG staff does read and monitor the forums. The game designers do not post - but will monitor the posts.

So - forums are good as any place I would suppose to express your interest...

If so...I really hope that a new expansion could be announced during next summer, at GenCon...... gran_risa.gif