North Seattle Area

By Wynthrop, in X-Wing Organized Play

I am new to 2.0 and I am curious what the best places to play and learn are in the area...

Hi there!

The two main stores I am aware of in that area would be Mox in Ballard, and Around The Table up in Lynwood. Both have their xwing nights on thursdays.

Mox (my usual destination) has a varying group doing standard games, and is open until midnight.

ATT has a pretty large group and do more league play type things, as well as standard games, closing at 10.

There are a few other stores in the surrounding area, but I cant speak as to their attendance, etc. Overall, its a pretty good area to hang out, play a few games, and have some fun!

Nice, well I will see you there soon!

Depending on how far north you are looking to go, AFK Tavern in Everett has a solid group on Wednesdays at 6pm. Experience ranges from four games to major tournament finalists; games run from tournament practice to six-way brawls. Beer-wing in an occasionally noisy environment.

And MOB Games in Lake Stevens plays on Thursdays at 6pm with a solid core and a few drop-ins. Experience ranges from a guy with less than a dozen games under his belt to multiple Regionals finalists. Currently running a league, but it's a league that rewards players for out-of-league play.

Both locations have players who are better and worse at teaching games and flight schools, but all are happy to talk table at any time.

The best and nicest players are down south. T town.

Uh oh I smell some rivalry!

I was at Uncle’s Games, Redmond, a couple weeks back for their X-Wing Night (Wed 5-9). Probably around 7 players and they said turnout is often much higher (it was the Wed after Xmas). Chill, friendly vibe.

Zulu’s Boardgame Cafe in downtown Bothell will have an X-Wing night starting in Feb-ish when they open the newly renovated section. I live a few minutes away and they are open until midnight so I will be there once it is up and running.