Experiment - Narrative Campaign - Player help needed

By Viktus106, in Runewars Miniatures Game

In one of the topics, we had the idea of an overarching narrative campaign and it got me thinking. . we can kind of do it now?

What I would like to do is this:

I want as many people as possible to play the following and then post in this thread what factions you used, who was the attacker/defender and who won each game.

Decide between you who is the attacker and who is the defender for this mini-campaign.

With the war raging on, a scouting party launches an unexpected assault against a undefended forward position. Looking to crush the morale of their enemies in one swift stroke, their forces collide on the battlefield!

Game 1: (No HEROES)
Deployment: Forward Scouts
Objective: Demoralize Their Forces
Terrain: Based on Initiative / Standard pick

With their forces broken and their morale shattered, the raiders follow their momentum straight into the main body of the enemy army. With the forward scouts slaughtered, the defenders are caught unawares and scramble to meet the invaders.

Game 2:
If Attacker won:
Deployments: Unprepared (Attacker Red Deployment)
Objective: Bounty
Terrain: Based on Initiative / Standard pick

Blunting the blow and stalling the attack long enough for a dispatch runner to flee the field, relief comes as the thunderous war horn sounds out across field, reinforcements have arrived to turn the tide!

If the Defender won: (Attacker may not use heroes)
Deployment: Mutual Reinforcements
Objective: Encircling Maneuvers
Terrain: Defender picks all terrain pieces. Deploy as if Defender has initiative.

Game 3: Final

Battered, bloodied and beaten, the defenders stand foolhardily resolute. No matter, their death will come quick enough. . .

If Attacker won:
Deployments: Pincer Strike (Attacker Blue Deployment)
Objective: Battle of Champions
Terrain: Attacker picks all terrain pieces. Deploy as if Attacker has initiative.

With the army mustered and their souls emboldened with victory, battle lines are drawn. It's time to put these cowards to sword and secure our lands!

If the Defender won: (Defender chooses all terrain cards and placement)
Deployment: Battle Lines
Objective: Ancient Wards
Terrain: Defender picks all terrain pieces. Deploy as if Defender has initiative.

Edited by Viktus106
Added terrain rules

Love this idea. I'm going to try to do this around our usual madlands games over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Excellent! Will try to get some games in

Considering the recent news ... I think we need this more than ever. :)

Sounds good. We’ll have a couple of reports for you after our Wednesday night group...

questions:

1.who decides terrain first?

2.who is treated as first player for objectives?

Of course love the idea. I think this might be one of things that game was lacking.

Edited by Skaflok
praise
1 hour ago, Skaflok said:

questions:

1.who decides terrain first?

2.who is treated as first player for objectives?

Of course love the idea. I think this might be one of things that game was lacking.

Thanks. Forgot about that. I have edited the main post.

Essentially, it should feel thematic and rewarding, amend as necessary.

in bounty it is very important who picks his bounty first