Folded Space Mansions insert

By icabod, in Mansions of Madness

One annoyance about some games is storage of components, so I've been looking into alternative inserts - and lo', it seems Folded Space are currently running their 3rd Kickstarter campaign . Happily it includes an insert for Mansions of Madness for £20.

The Folded Space site suggests it'll work for expansions too - not sure if that's all expansions in one box, or buy additional inserts for each expansion.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Anyone have experience of Folded Space products?

I think the only problem that I have with this specific one is it looks like all the character figures get thrown into a series of bins together and monsters have to be removed from the bases. For those of us who paint the models this would be more prone to scratching the paint.

figures.jpg.241d79b9250725667083f9bc379f379f.jpg

Yes, I'd spotted that. I'm thinking that the minis may need to be stored outside of the box.

There are comments on the Kickstarter about how the minis are stored, so I'm keeping track of it.

I know they cost more, but I really like the ones from Go7Gaming . They are made of wood which really helps to hold hold everything into place and protect the game components.

Edited by LordPyrex

The bases for the figurines in this game are crap and some have resorted to permanently gluing the figurines to their base. I find the assembly of the monsters to be tedious and annoying with MOM2. If you have painted your figurines or have plans to permanently attach the bases to your monster then the Go7Gaming insert makes the most sense. I made the mistake of buying the e-raptor version which offers the same monster storage solution as Folded space which requires assembly and disassembly with each session, I needed to do more research. If I could do it again I would get the Go7Gaming insert. Aside from the insert assembly time, the one down side to the Go7Gaming insert is that storing your monsters in their assembled state take up more cubic space and you won't be able to fit addon's all in one box and I'm ok with that. First world problems.....lol!