LotA - Enemy Actions

By yomama360, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

LotA - Enemy Actions

When moving imperial forces I need some clarification.

1) If you get to the end of the activation instruction list, and skip the last command, do you start back at the top (like the descent app)?

Example:
*-> Move 2 to attack << player >>
--> Move 3 to reposition 4
--> Move 5 to reposition 4

Stormtrooper does not have a clear shot and moving 2 would not get him to a clear shot, so he skips first instruction (correct?)
Second instruction would get him within 4 spaces and have line of sight to target so he does the move action.
Third instruction is skipped because it has no effect as he is already 4 spaces away.

Question: He still has an unused attack action, if I start back at the top, he would close in 2 more spaces and shoot. Does it work like this? Or does he not attack at all this round?

If he does not attack, this seems like a foolish tactic as all it does is get him in close for the players to kill him easier with no imperial benefit.

- - - - -

2) Same situation as above, but lets say the stormtrooper is WAY across the map (15 spaces away).
I assume he does this:
Ignores 1st command as moving 2 does not get him in range to attack.
Moves 3 towards <<player>>
Moves 5 towards <<player>>

If this is correct, the stormtrooper moved a whopping 8 spaces!
Is that correct?

Thanks

If "Move 2 to attack <<character>>" cannot attack <<character>>, it gets transformed due to targeting priority to "Move 2 to attack <<the closest rebel figure>>". The attack instruction is only skipped if there is no rebel figure that can be attacked by spending 2 movement points.

You never go back in the list, you go through it once.

Reposition is never skipped, so both repositions are only performed if the attack is not performed. Note that Reposition doesn't need line of sight, just tries to move within X spaces as best as possible (reposition doesn't need to end up the specified distance to be performed).

Edited by a1bert