The Pirates Play Campaign

By Payens, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hello everyone,

I am doing the Extended Lothal Campaign and we are about to do the Pirate's ploy next. If I remember reading right the Hero's have to take a member of Phoenix Squadron. Now each one has a different cost and typically in the game when the hero's decide to take a hero with them the Imperial Player gets threat equal to the cost and then an optional deployment. Since the Hero's are forced to do that on this mission do I still get the increase in threat depending on who they take and the optional deployment?

Yes. If the rebels are required to take an ally, it counts as their up to one ally for the mission, and thus the ally rules apply.

Note the new ally rules for Tyrants of Lothal though (half threat up front, the full threat in increments of 2 threat per round).

There's nothing in Pirate's Ploy or the epilogues leading to it that would require the rebels to take an ally though.

Edited by a1bert

okay thank you and thank you for pointing out the rule change... I did not see that when I was going through the rules.

@a1bert You seem to know lots about this game so just going to ask you directly. On this mission can I cover up the E-XD droid token with an imperial unit so they have to shoot the unit first. Like say I use Nexu and put it over top can I do that or is the token supposed to be like another figure?

E-XD is an imperial figure (as specified in the mission rule), so a (non-companion) figure cannot end movement in the same space.

The Pirate said:

The Imperial mission token represents the E-XD Infiltrator Droid. The E-XD is an Imperial figure (Health: 5 plus twice the threat level, Defense: 1 black die, Attack: ranged 2 red dice, +4 Accuracy, Speed: 3).

Edited by a1bert

Awesome thank you.