Semi new player looking for answers

By ironhulkthordad, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hello all I have been playing this with my family and we run into questions I can't seem to answer. This is all based on table top 4th edition revised.

Q1: When a thief steals from a village does he steal then do what the board says.

Q2: When a thief steals can you steal the mule from the shop considering it's a follower or can you only buy the mule.

Q3: When you attack another person and win can you choose to take the mule or no because it's a follower.

Q4: When you steal from another player can you steal the mule.

Q5: When you create a raft in the woods or forest or buy steal a raft from the store do you have to use it that turn or the next turn and whether or not you choose to use it do you have to discard it on that turn. Or can you carry it around.

Q6: What tile besides one time Market Cards can you land on to use the shop. If you use the shop to buy something do you have to do what the tile says.

Q7: If you land on the corner tile can't remember which one as I'm not home infront of the game. If you pay the I think enchantress 1gold for 2life do you encounter the actual roll the dice action after or just the one since you were actually able to do it.

2 hours ago, ironhulkthordad said:

Q1: When a thief steals from a village does he steal then do what the board says. 

Yes, he does both.

Q2: When a thief steals can you steal the mule from the shop considering it's a follower or can you only buy the mule.

Yes, he can.

Q3: When you attack another person and win can you choose to take the mule or no because it's a follower.

No, you cannot.

Q4: When you steal from another player can you steal the mule. 

No.

Q5: When you create a raft in the woods or forest or buy steal a raft from the store do you have to use it that turn or the next turn and whether or not you choose to use it do you have to discard it on that turn. Or can you carry it around.

You use the Raft the next turn after having acquired it. It cannot be carried around.

Q6: What tile besides one time Market Cards can you land on to use the shop. If you use the shop to buy something do you have to do what the tile says.

A bit puzzled by this one...

Q7: If you land on the corner tile can't remember which one as I'm not home infront of the game. If you pay the I think enchantress 1gold for 2life do you encounter the actual roll the dice action after or just the one since you were actually able to do it.

You're referring to the City space. You either encounter the Enchantress or the Doctor (or the Alchemist), cannot encounter more than one. Note that you are required to encounter someone on the space, so if you have no gold (or without need to heal) or Objects to alchemise, the Enchantress is the only choice.

Edited by Cru4n

Q6: What tile besides one time Market Cards can you land on to use the shop. Are cards in the draw pile the only way that you can access the market stuff to buy things like weapons mule and so on. If there even is a tile on the board you can land on. Just asking cause I don't have the board infront of me. Like the thief can steal from the village is there a market there you can land on to buy? If there is one would you buy then take an action on the board like roll the d6 see what happens. (Sorry I wasn't able to finish this question in the first place)

On 1/2/2019 at 9:34 PM, ironhulkthordad said:

Q6: What tile besides one time Market Cards can you land on to use the shop. Are cards in the draw pile the only way that you can access the market stuff to buy things like weapons mule and so on. If there even is a tile on the board you can land on. Just asking cause I don't have the board infront of me. Like the thief can steal from the village is there a market there you can land on to buy? If there is one would you buy then take an action on the board like roll the d6 see what happens. (Sorry I wasn't able to finish this question in the first place)

I suppose you have only the base game. There are only the cards and spaces listed on the Thief's character card, it is the Village space, the Market and the Market Day cards. No other way to buy a card from the Purchase deck. If you encounter the Village space and have at least 2 G, you may visit the Blacksmith to buy the Objects listed on that space. You do nothing else then, no roll.

If you want the Mule you need to obtain it as an Adventure card or buy it at a Market or while it is the Market Day.