Seeker Initiate- General or Specific Card?

By Idares, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

As excperienced MTG players, one would think my friend and I could figure this one out but:

Seeker Initiate: "...search the top 5 cards of your conflict deck for a card and add it to your hand. Shuffle."

Does the owner look at the top 5 cards and choose any one of those 5 or does he have to look for a specific card. For eg: "I play Seeker Initiate and am going to look for the Hida Kisada card" or does he just pick any one of those 5 and secretly add it to his hand?

Edited by Idares
37 minutes ago, Idares said:

As excperienced MTG players, one would think my friend and I could figure this one out but:

Seeker Initiate: "...search the top 5 cards of your conflict deck for a card and add it to your hand. Shuffle."

Does the owner look at the top 5 cards and choose any one of those 5 or does he have to look for a specific card. For eg: "I play Seeker Initiate and am going to look for the Hida Kisada card" or does he just pick any one of those 5 and secretly add it to his hand?

You look at the top 5 cards select one to add to your hand and than shuffle the rest back into the deck.

You should note there are some cards that have similar abilities, however, require you to pull a particular card type (event, attachment etc.) and those will normally require you to show your opponent the card you selected before adding it to your hand so that they can verify you have selected an appropriate card type.

Thanks,

Yeah we were actually comparing it to Agasha Swordsmith.

If an effect requires you to name a card before searching for it, it will say so (and it will probably also require you to reveal the cards you looked at). The closest there is in L5R is Test of Skill.

L5C06_93.jpg