[Ruling] Togashi Mitsu & cancelled events

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Mitsu plays an event from the Discard pile. The effects of the event are cancelled, so it does not go the bottom of the conflict deck.
Does the event leave the discard pile at any point, so will be the top card of the discard pile, or does it remain where it was?

Edited by Bayushi Shunsuke
Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

Mitsu plays an event from the Discard pile. The effects of the event are cancelled, so it does not go the bottom of the conflict deck.
Does the event leave the discard pile at any point, so will be the top card of the discard pile, or does it remain where it was?

I suppose this is valid question as long as Plagiarist exists in the card pool XD. The cancelled event goes to the top of the discard pile.

[Tyler Parrott: December 27, 2018]

I’m confused with this ruling. I can see it being ruled in any of the ways mentioned, and am curious with his response.

Nevermind. Only academic at this point.

I am pretty sure the card is discarded as it never triggers its effects due to the cancel...

Hi Shunsuke,

Is the Togashi Mitsu printed triggered ability count as used one time, regarding the "once per turn" rule, when the effects of an event played by that way are canceled?

Thx in advance.

Best regards,

GBB.

1 hour ago, GetBackBaby said:

Hi Shunsuke,

Is the Togashi Mitsu printed triggered ability count as used one time, regarding the "once per turn" rule, when the effects of an event played by that way are canceled?

Thx in advance.

Best regards,

GBB.

Yes, it is. A cancelled ability is still triggered to initiate.

The event is still triggered to initiate even if effects are canceled. I'm ok with this. Then, why the second part of Togashi Mitsu ability do not works and this ability still count as be successfull for the once per turn?

Could you explain with more details?

3 hours ago, GetBackBaby said:

The event is still triggered to initiate even if effects are canceled. I'm ok with this. Then, why the second part of Togashi Mitsu ability do not works and this ability still count as be successfull for the once per turn?

Could you explain with more details?

The going back to the bottom of the deck for an event card effect happens after the event is successfully resolved. If the event is cancelled it did not successfully resolve so the effect that places it on the bottom of the deck can not initiate.