Another Dawn - Sci Fi Heroism in a Nobledark far-future

By cyclocius, in Your Settings

Welcome Fireteam, to Another Dawn!

Set in the aftermath of Humanities Golden Age, we've fallen far. Cooped up in a last city called the Holdout, Humanity is beset on all sides by enemies who would see us dead, subjugated and enslaved or worse. As the best of Humanity, the PCs form a Fireteam and undertake missions critical to the survival of Humanity itself. By your actions, you hold back the darkness and allow humanity to see Another Dawn .

Another Dawn - V 1 .0

But what is it really?

Do you like Heroic adventure? Do you like Danger, Mystery and Exploration? Do you like Destiny, Warframe or Anthem? This is the game for you! Trying to be setting-agnostic where possible, form a fireteam using Archetypes based on popular video-games and kick the snot out of Aliens and Pirates across the Solar System.

What's in it?

5 Archetypes : As Warmakers and Clerics, you are the Anointed. Resurrected by the uplifting Light of Dawn, you have no memory of your past, but are imbued with supernatural divine powers to protect Humanity. As Aggressors and Manipulators, you are the Awoken, a Golden-Age order of monastic warriors, your consciousness pilots a synthetic body. As a Scion, you use your dynasties prestige and glory to best effect, piloting golden-age Dragoon Exo-suits, highly modular and utterly lethal. Together, your differences are put aside, and with your backs to the wall you must strike back against those that would see Humanity destroyed.

Gimmicks: As an Anointed, you are able to learn Miracles. Mighty shows of divine power that can wreak havoc and save your allies. Customise and enhance your Miracles as you grow in power. As an Awoken, find your Focus. Multiple trees of Talents inspired by Ninjitsu schools grant you supreme flexibility. As a Scion, your Dragoon Armour is your lifeline. Build a host of different suits, customise them individually and swap modules and attachments out to prepare for whatever lies in the darkness.

Big Armouries: Inspired by looter-shooters, Another Dawn boasts a sizeable armoury with dozens of attachments for dozens of weapons.

Aliens: Aliens innumerable have descended upon our Solar System. Some seek to conquer us, others would clap us in chains. Others yet would sacrifice us on altars on the Moon. Inspired by Destiny and Warframe, take the fight to the Carrion Lords of Luna, the Mercurials, the Sovereign Species, the Downtrodden and the Forsaken. With more races sure to be added, you just need to decide who you want to bring down first.

As of now, I'm considering Another Dawn content complete. The systems within the game are functioning as intended and no glaring issues were detected. In the future I may well add

I'll check here frequently to respond to any queries, and I appreciate any and all feedback!

Edited by cyclocius

Fantastic! Please keep the material coming.

As of now, I'm considering Another Dawn to be content complete. The systems within the game are functioning as intended and no glaring issues were detected. In the future I may well add more content in the form of 'expansions', probably adding more Aliens/weapons and equipment/miracle strands and focus trees. But for now, I'm tapping out. Hope people enjoy the game!