Recommendations for a good Star Wars game?

By PetterJhon, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Hello everyone,,

I haven't played any Star Wars games since Jedi Power Battles when episode 1 came out, and I wanted to ask your opinions on the games I have missed. I've heard good things about the KotOR series, but don't really know anything beyond that.

What should I play first?

Any mods I need to get the full experience?

Are there things like HD graphics packs for older games such as the KotOR series?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

No replies so I guess I'll chime in.

It depends on what you want. If you want to be a Jedi, Kotor is basically unbeatable along with the old Jedi Knight Series. Kotor has a few mods to repair missing content but I think it is all rolled into one now. A simple google search will find it. I believe there have a been a few HD mods here and there but nothing comprehensive. The Jedi Knight series is notable in that the Saber warfare is "realistic" IE if you pass the saber through the head or torso, instant kill, including the final boss. It can be very intense and fun.

If you don't mind FPS the EA battlefronts, for all their flaws is fairly immersive, if star wars to you is the battles of the clone wars and the struggles Rebellion against the Empire. The battles are visceral and you definitely can just enjoying pushing with your squad of clones against some droids and suddenly seeing General Kenobi leaping into the fray.

The one pitch I will make is for SWTOR; the MMO star wars game. As an MMO it is meh to bleh depending on what you like to do. But as a "Single Player with optional online multiplayer content" It is amazing. Its width and breadth is stunning. I frequently find myself coming back and subbing for a few months just to roll a new Jedi. It is FTP and if you are planning on just goofing along as a single player story, it is easily possible to play without every paying a cent.

You can play a Jedi, Sith lord, Smuggler, Republic solider, Imperial operative, A Mandalorian Merc each with enough content for what would probably be a full single player game, not to even touch the overlapping shared content. If you decide to play through Swtor completely you will have easily 1500 hours of fully voice Star Wars universe action.

Edited by LionOfwinter

Hi guys. I like Star Wars a lot and I remember the time when I was playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II 😃

Edited by danham567