Vader Fan Film - Must Watch

By Forresto, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Proof Disney needs to make a Vader film!

Impressive. Most impressive.

Completely agree! It is amazing!

I dont know if Darth Vader could carry his own movie being a villian and all but I defiantly think it would be a good subplot/alternate side to an Obi-Wan movie.

7 hours ago, LordTesla said:

I dont know if Darth Vader could carry his own movie being a villian and all but I defiantly think it would be a good subplot/alternate side to an Obi-Wan movie.

In his defense star wars 1-6 is basically "the Tragedy of Anikin"

3 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

In his defense star wars 1-6 is basically "the Tragedy of Anikin"

Except he was more relatable in 1-3 (as a hero) and a bit in 6 (being redeemed). Vader is barely in 4 and 5 he is just a really awesome villian

Edited by LordTesla
2 hours ago, LordTesla said:

Except he was more relatable in 1 and 3, whereas he was a sand-hating, mildly creepy angstball in 2.

FTFY

And Disney has smacked this guy down by claiming rights and monetizing it on YouTube. After they ok'd the project.

More proof the Mouse is just a greedy AF company and doesn't give a crap about fans.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, Stasy said:

And Disney has smacked this guy down by claiming rights and monetizing it on YouTube. After they ok'd the project.

More proof the Mouse is just a greedy AF company and doesn't give a crap about fans.

I believe Lucasfilm has since renounced that claim allowing him to keep the profits (well more like recoup some of his losses)

On 1/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, Stasy said:

Actually, the claim was made by Warner Chappel, the company that owns the rights to Star Wars music, on the basis that the film uses some of those themes. Lucasfilm stepped in to slap the claim down once it was brought to its attention. Disney wasn't involved at all and in fact doe not even own Warner Chappel.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative, there.

In other news YAY LUCUS FILM!!

6 hours ago, Benjan Meruna said:

Actually, the claim was made by Warner Chappel, the company that owns the rights to Star Wars music, on the basis that the film uses some of those themes. Lucasfilm stepped in to slap the claim down once it was brought to its attention. Disney wasn't involved at all and in fact doe not even own Warner Chappel.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative, there.

Still the IP is Disney's.

Regardless, they did step up to the plate and made it right.

5 hours ago, Stasy said:

Still the IP is Disney's.

Regardless, they did step up to the plate and made it right.

It absolutely is, but they weren't the ones trying to make money off of the fan film in any way. At worst they just chillaxed and let LFL deal with it, at best they actively prodded LFL and said "Hey, can you nip this in the bud?" Either way, it certainly wasn't a case of Disney being greedy in any way, shape, or form.