Looking for some help making lists

By DJH932, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

My gaming group has played a lot of campaign mode and I'm looking to introduce them to skirmish. I am planning on inviting 6 or so players to participate in a round-robin style tournament. I haven't really played Imperial Assault since before the release of Heart of the Empire so I'm a bit out of touch with current skirmish lists. I have all of the expansions (including HotE and ToL) and access to a copy of all the allies and villains. I'm looking to make 6 unique skirmish lists with command cards . I'm going to have to proxy certain stock command cards (Take Initiative, Negation, Planning, etc.) so I'm not worried about duplication on these.

I'm hoping that the forums can help me out with brainstorming some unique and relatively balanced lists (with command cards). So far, I'm thinking about the following:

Spectre Cell (Doubt Variant):

8 ▪ Zeb Orrelios
8 ▪ Kanan Jarrus
7 ▪ Ezra Bridger
7 ▪ Sabine Wren
4 ▪ Hera Syndulla
3 ▪ C1-10P
2 ▪ Spectre Cell
1 ▪ Doubt
0 ▪ Heroic Effort

(3) ▪ On the Lam
(2) ▪ Force Surge
(2) ▪ Heart of Freedom
(2) ▪ Tools for the Job
(2) ▪ Dying Lunge
(1) ▪▪ Pummel
(1) ▪ Negation
(1) ▪ Strength in Numbers
(1) ▪ Tough Luck
(0) ▪ Rebel Graffiti
(0) ▪ Planning
(0) ▪ Take Initiative
(0) ▪ Urgency
(0) ▪ Force Rush

Classic Han Rangers:

12 ▪ Han Solo
12 Alliance Ranger
4 ▪ Hera Syndulla
3 ▪ R2-D2
3 ▪ Gideon Argus
2 ▪ C-3P0
2 2x Alliance Smuggler
2 ▪ Rebel High Command
-2 ▪ Rogue Smuggler

(3) ▪ Assassinate
(3) ▪ On the Lam
(2) ▪ Tools for the Job
(2) ▪ Call the Vanguard
(2) ▪ Heightened Reflexes
(1) ▪ Negation
(1) ▪ Primary Target
(1) ▪ Tough Luck
(0) ▪ Take Initiative
(0) ▪ Planning
(0) ▪ Urgency
(0) ▪ Element of Surprise
(0) ▪ Positioning Advantage
(0) ▪ Officers Training
(0) ▪ Celebration

Supervillains:

18 ▪ Darth Vader
8 ▪ Emperor Palpatine
6 ▪ Thrawn
4 Death Trooper
3 Death Trooper
2 Imperial Officer
2 Imperial Officer
1 ▪ Zillo Technique
1 Extra Armor Neutral.png
-5 ▪ Driven by Hatred

(2) ▪ Price of Glory
(2) ▪▪ Parting Blow
(2) ▪ Grisly Contest
(2) ▪ Force Surge
(2) ▪ Dying Lunge
(1) ▪ Negation
(1) ▪ Stealth Tactics
(1) ▪ Signal Jammer
(1) ▪ Dark Energy
(1) ▪ Brace for Impact
(0) ▪ Take Initiative
(0) ▪ Foresee
(0) ▪ Celebration
(0) ▪ Urgency
(0) ▪ Planning

I'm thinking that I should include a Scum list with IG-88 but I'm not sure what variant is best right now. As well, I'm not sure if there's another decent Imperial list which can hold up. Anyway, if anyone has ideas let me know.

The newest fad in scum is probably VP manipulation, which comes in a bunch of flavours but usually includes (along with IG) Jabba, Hondo, sometimes Sabine, and a bunch of cards that grant victory points. I think the biggest hurdle you're going to run into when trying to make a scum list is that the best scum cards are all hunters/smugglers, and the best hunter/smuggler command cards are all being used in your Han/Rangers list. You're probably going to have to end up proxying some of those cards no matter how you go about it

As for another imperial list, maybe you could try a swarm of riot troopers? If you want to get really cute you could also add some strain command cards and/or use cross training and bring in the spy cards to try to mess with your opponent's deck. It probably won't work out great against spectre, but it should be workable against everything else and at the very least should be a lot of fun.

Edited by ManateeX

Honestly, if you're looking to create reasonably balanced lists as an introduction to IA, and need to make six lists: I would recommend -weakening- some of the current standard lists. Break up Spectre Cell (and don't use the card), leave out the broken game-changers like SoS and On the Lam, and/or spread out the best deployment and command cards among the various lists.

Spitballing, can be improved:

Rebel 1: Wookies! (Chewbacca, Drokatta, at least one Wookie Warriors, fill with support.)

Rebel 2: Jedi! (Some combo of Luke--no SoS!, Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, Diala, Davith, fill with support.)

Scum 1: Jabba! (Jabba, eGammorrans, eWeequay, proxy extra eDeployment cards as needed, don't give them all the best hunter/smuggler cards, fill with some of the uniques.)

Scum 2: Creatures! (Rancor, because -of course- the Rancor! eNexus, eLolcats, Beast Tamer, and maybe some Hired Guns to open doors and reduce the strain on the inquisitive kitties.)

Imperial 1: Control! (Palpatine, Thrawn, Blaise, AT-DP, eJets, fill with Command card shenanigans.)

Imperial 2: Troopers! (eRiots, eSentries, maybe Vader, proxy extra eDeployment cards as needed.)

These are just off-the-cuff ideas; they can almost certainly be mixed around and improved upon. The point is, don't try to make six lists that are competitive in the current meta. Make six lists that have different flavours, and are competitive with each other ! : )

Edited by IndyPendant