Lost card 13

By Watashi86, in Arkham Horror

Hello all!

I recently purchased arkham horror, and have been enjoying it with friends. One play session I dropped all the cards and one fell through my floorboards and I am now missing card 13 from the codex (I think that's what it's called)

I was hoping a helpful person with the game might be willing to take a picture of the front and back of the card 13 and post it here so I can make a replacement please?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

-Mac

Removed for being bad help.... 😞

Edited by LordPyrex

Asmodee Parts Request is for defective games. Abusing it for parts lost by a player is likely to eventually lead to a less friendly replacement policy. This would harm players who actually had defective components in a box (happened two times to me).

Watashi86 I can scan you that card but not today as I don't have a scanner at my house.

Edited by tsuma534

Thank you, I didn't plan on using a replacement service just because it was my own fault, a scan would be very helpful, I wanted to just write it neatly on poster board and cut it to the same shape, since the cards don't need to be indistinguishable like playing cards.

11 minutes ago, Watashi86 said:

I wanted to just write it neatly on poster board and cut it to the same shape, since the cards don't need to be indistinguishable like playing cards.

While this is true for most archive cards there are few of them that need to be indistinguishable, I hope this one is not one of those.
If it is, Asmodee Customer Service will become an option worth considering. I'm only against hasty advising to ask for a replacement without even examining other options. I know of several events when a great policy was downsized to a not-so-great policy due to being abused by customers.

Edited by tsuma534

Sorry to provide some bad info. I've never had to use it myself and assumed that they had a parts replacement ordering section that I've seen at other companies.

Archive card 13 needs to be mixed in with certain other cards without you being able to tell which is which (just as with archive cards 14-17). So I guess a homemade version would not be sufficient. Potentially you can play the corresponding scenario without this card which makes it a little more difficult, though. 😞

Edited by holgaard
More info provided
6 minutes ago, holgaard said:

Archive card 13 needs to be mixed in with certain other cards without you being able to tell which is which (just as with archive cards 14-17). So I guess a homemade version would not be sufficient. Potentially you can play the corresponding scenario without this card which makes it a little more difficult, though. 😞

That's a good point!

@Watashi86 , check your location decks. In the LCG, there are a handful of cards (most notably an Agenda card (which is required for setup) from the core set because the other side is a monster & gets added to other piles when you break the game down) that get misplaced through gameplay.

My guess (hope really) is that you didn't need the fifth card (#13) to finish the game and thus left it in the location deck. Its face is a similar color to the other cards of its deck - unlike the clue cards - but there's a big number in one of the bottom corners. If you're only looking for the grey color, you'll probably missed it when you put the game away.

You only need to find 4 of the 5 cards to advance the storyline as you already had to deal with The Masked Hunter when the story advanced. By some hilarious coincidence, The Masked Hunter is the exact card from the LCG that so often gets "lost."

Thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. I'm still really hoping someone could just take a picture or even just write what is said on the card so I can make a replacement.

Thanks again

5 hours ago, Watashi86 said:

Thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. I'm still really hoping someone could just take a picture or even just write what is said on the card so I can make a replacement.

Thanks again

Is this the one you're talking about? If so it has a Downtown Background.

20181229_165755.jpg