Questions on Behind Closed Doors Scenario

By Sewerjack, in Mansions of Madness

We played this last night and we had some questions about this scenario.

1: The opening tile of three cells, was not divided by any white lines, - was it a movement cost to move from one cell to another, or was the entire tile just one movement point.

2: The time frame on this scenario was 120 mins to 150 mins- there was five of us and it took 240 mins, was this an anomaly, or were we just really slow playing it?

Thanks

Check out p6 from the rule book...the text instructions re movement aren't that helpful but the map til breakdown diagram is. Basically, it only costs movement points when you cross lines, so if there are no divisions the whole room is one movement to cross (that's the case in a couple of scenarios) and helps avoid things getting too bogged down I think.

I haven't played this particular scenario before so I can speak to the time though. If you are a group of players who are new to this though, it should speed up as you play more.

Thanks for the advice,

The rules are actually pretty clear...

Space: An area of a map tile separated from other spaces by borders, impassable borders, walls, or doors.

So since the cells had doors, they are separate spaces, according to the rules anyway.

We've played 8 scenarios and the time on the other 7 was spot on.....but we did have two new players, so that may have had an impact.

Thanks for the help!!!