Showcase: Delta-7 Aethersprite

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Painted this one for a friend:

https://imgur.com/a/cR3mlDI

rpsUgLHm.jpg

Edited by Burius1981
Got a thumnail of the pic added to the post (finally)
18 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Like everyone, because I'm human, I had to do a Plo.

shkfhem.jpg

sP8srfe.jpg

9sBhmnr.jpg

WSGw6Wd.jpg

A21idjU.jpg

rGk1zFx.jpg

One of the best Plos for here. Very clean and defined. I like it very much. You went for free at the underside, right? I leave mine simply blue, I was scared of ruin the hull. Achieved an OK top side after two fails, didn't try the white lines at bottom. Maybe something like yours is less dangerous.

4 hours ago, Minaith said:

One of the best Plos for here. Very clean and defined. I like it very much. You went for free at the underside, right? I leave mine simply blue, I was scared of ruin the hull. Achieved an OK top side after two fails, didn't try the white lines at bottom. Maybe something like yours is less dangerous.

Thanks! 😊

Yeah, the bottom I just made up. The panelling has very clear layering itself, so just following that with the 2 colours. Very simple.

I did a similar thing on the underside of my friends Mace, so just a slight variation on that.

Honestly, if its for me, I often do nothing on the bottom, just a base colour or completely leave it on a touch up job. It's just rarely, if ever, seen by anyone else.

With this, I had enough attachment to it to go the whole hog :)

6aI6bk8.jpg

Edited by benlane17
Add tags

That is Sharp! I love it.

22 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

That is Sharp! I love it.

Cheers. Going to do all of my Republic stuff in those colours

Here's a custom delta repaint I commissioned, based on the style of Ahsoka Tano and colors of Plo Koon (albeit of slightly darker shades); I have no idea how my friend managed to paint the details on such a tiny astromech but hey, love the result :)

https://imgur.com/a/VHmelCI

Here's @TedW 's ship

jWDJWn3.jpg

rM523Kx.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 11:09 PM, benlane17 said:

6aI6bk8.jpg

Thats sneaky, make the separatists think thats a nantex. then BAM!

18 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Here's @TedW 's ship

jWDJWn3.jpg

rM523Kx.jpg

Thanks, wasn't sure how to handle pictures there :) Cheers good sir!

Painted this one in a hurry for prize support. Wish I had more time to work on the star on top, but it is at least removable. I tried to drybrush on some of the same Turbo colorshift paint that I used for the star to add some gold flecks to the tree. It ended up making the whole thing crazy shiny. Dullcote took it down a bit, but I would strongly recommend against doing this.

image000000_13.jpg?width=457&height=610

image000000_14.jpg?width=812&height=609

image000000_15.jpg?width=812&height=609

Finished my version of Bariss Offee tonight

IMG_20191104_203553_763_1.jpg

20191104_202411_HDR.jpg

I really should stop buying this ship...

9P34oIg.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ryuneke said:

I really should stop buying this ship...

Why stop now? Only 4 more to go!

Have any of you tried the Delta 7B conversion where you move the astromech to the middle?

Is it just too small to attempt? Maybe easier to shave it off then add a little ball of putty instead.

3 hours ago, Ghosthacked said:

Have any of you tried the Delta 7B conversion where you move the astromech to the middle?

Is it just too small to attempt? Maybe easier to shave it off then add a little ball of putty instead.

You can see that mod a few times at this thread. It's easy to remove the droid in a way you can relocate it, no need of putty.

oh crap, must have not noticed...lol

Just another Plo Koon's Blade of Dorin.
DSCF7789.thumb.jpg.67f7de93136ff596fce18c70f122f0f2.jpg

...and Anakin's Delta 7B

DSCF7355.jpg

Daaaaaaaang, Player! Those ships look good. Those modded Astromechs really take it to the next level.

Someone needs to do a tutorial on moddingthe droid to make a delta 7 B. These are great

I think we need a tutorial on how to get that much detail onto the astromechs. That is a dead on R2-D2 the size of a needle.

20 hours ago, Tensketch said:

Someone needs to do a tutorial on moddingthe droid to make a delta 7 B. These are great

this.

"just cut" somehow doesn't seem that simple. haha.

and second on the painting tip too.

Edited by Ghosthacked

Me too. I'm mad about those two astros.

As I'd like to paint my Sprites too I am curious how you saved the Republic badge from getting paint splashed on it. Did you all removed it before painting and returned it after or did you paint around it?