1st Game played, couple of questions

By VAYASAN, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Played first proper game, showing a friend through Goblin Problem. It went pretty well but I had a few issues.

1- When the Eneey deck has expired...what then? At first weput the discarded back into the pile and carried on as before....but we couldnt seem to be able to clear enough monsters to kill Splig...so stopped spawning new monsters after a while.

2- How many ways are there to spawn splig from the Nemesis Lair in Goblin Problem? We spawned him when we moved the tracker on to the last mark....but I have a strong feeling I missed another way he can come into the shadows?

3- Is there a limit to how many success tokens you can declare to be using in 1 action? Can you use all 5 for example when declaring an explore?

Edit No4. With played with a healer and Rogue...I wonder if we lacked a damage dealer? At the end it took forever to kill splig...obvious he would die but took another 20 mins. Or is it fine with any combo?

No5. You may Engage one enemy. If I have 1 engaged with me already, does it mean I can engage 1 more enemy(from the shadows) or does it mean 1 in total...so if one is engaged already, you cant engage something else too?

Edited by VAYASAN

1- reshuffle

2- don't recall offhand

3- two tokens max per roll

4- check the upgrade paths for whatever class you take. Some paths are better at dealing damage than others. If you don't have a dedicated fighter, you might want to choose which sub-class you want with damage-dealing capabilities in mind.

5- one more enemy, either one in the shadows or one already engaged with another hero.

3 minutes ago, Xelto said:

1- reshuffle

2- don't recall offhand

3- two tokens max per roll

4- check the upgrade paths for whatever class you take. Some paths are better at dealing damage than others. If you don't have a dedicated fighter, you might want to choose which sub-class you want with damage-dealing capabilities in mind.

5- one more enemy, either one in the shadows or one already engaged with another hero.

Thanks.

Regards No5. So if im engaged by 2 enemies and my Attack card says you can engage up 1 enemy, I can bring another in, so I will be engaged by 3 total?

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

Re gards No5. So if im engaged by 2 enemies and my Attack card says you can engage up 1 enemy, I can bring another in, so I will be engaged by 3 total?

Yes, you can have up to three enemies total engaged to you. Not that each engaged enemy causes you to roll one additional black die, so be careful how many you engage with. Sometimes getting more is a good idea, sometimes it's a really bad idea.

Realised one error I made in terms of rules(and i made a big impact).

I didnt spawn Splig at the final location, I misinterpreted it and only spawned him as we reached the last turn on the tracker line.

Yeah the scenario tells you when to spawn him.

Note you can engage a 4th enemy just one will inflict damage and return to shadows. There could be a situation were this might come into play