Deep Jungle 3

By Daisuke_Aurora, in Rules Discussions

Does this card actually change the support value of all friends in play or just yours? It says all, not yours, but better safe than sorry.

Q: About "Level 3 Wonderland," does the drawback apply to both players?
A: No. The text about not being able to play certain cards at "Level 3 Wonderland" only applies to the player that played the "Level 3 Wonderland." His or her opponent is still able to attach Dark Cards to that World.

whoa whoa whoa so i can put dark cards on my opponents wonderland lvl3 but they cant play there own dark cards on my world due to the txt?

Thats what the ruling said. It applies to the person who PLAYED the card.

i guess they had to or else that compined with disney castle makes one powerful world racer

Roxas said:

Q: About "Level 3 Wonderland," does the drawback apply to both players?
A: No. The text about not being able to play certain cards at "Level 3 Wonderland" only applies to the player that played the "Level 3 Wonderland." His or her opponent is still able to attach Dark Cards to that World.

yes, but that has no relevance to this card. This card specifically says all friends have 0 support, like Monstro lv. 1 say all players cannot play more than 3 friends. Lv. 3 wonderland says players can't play the said cards HERE. If this land said "All friends have 0 support here" i'd agree with you.

whoops sorry. wrong lvl 3 world. ^_^ but yes because your opponent is not on you're world unless they challenge so it only affects you. You're world does not affect you're opponent unless it says different.

But it does say it affects ALL friends. By your logic, Monstro Lv. 1 only affects the player who played it... which is wrong.

Daisuke_Aurora said:

But it does say it affects ALL friends. By your logic, Monstro Lv. 1 only affects the player who played it... which is wrong.

Monstro says each player. Deep Jungle does not. Unless otherwise stated, world cards only affect the person who played them and the opponent when challenging.

and I said "unless it says differently" which is exactly what Monstro lvl 1 does.

Yet another case of terrible english causing problems...

Yup. If it says "ALL" (Wonderland lvl 3, Deep Jungle lvl 3, etc) it means it just comes back and applies to you. If it says "Each Player" it means both players.

Roxas said:

whoops sorry. wrong lvl 3 world. ^_^ but yes because your opponent is not on you're world unless they challenge so it only affects you. You're world does not affect you're opponent unless it says different.

So... a new question has risen. A player is not on your world most of the time, but when they challenge, they are considered to have "moved" there (according to the above post). Does this mean that a player with a Heartless on their world card cannot challege? And, if so, how did I miss that?

Broadway_Punk said:

Roxas said:

So... a new question has risen. A player is not on your world most of the time, but when they challenge, they are considered to have "moved" there (according to the above post). Does this mean that a player with a Heartless on their world card cannot challege? And, if so, how did I miss that?

You can challenge with Heartless on your world because you're fighting player to player. Heartless only can be defeated in battle so in the challenge phase, they have no affect (other than any continuous effects or abilities they may have, Magic/Attack cards cannot be played by either player and other effects like that) on a challenge

Broadway_Punk said:

Roxas said:

I agree with broadway. In wonderland Lv3 says: "Friend Cards, Magic/Friend Carsd, and Dark Cards cannot be played here."

RPG-Giova said:

Broadway_Punk said:

Roxas said:

I agree with broadway. In wonderland Lv3 says: "Friend Cards, Magic/Friend Carsd, and Dark Cards cannot be played here."

In other words what I'm trying to say is that the effect does'nt apply in the player but in the world, so that means that the opponent cannot play dark cards there, nether the player (owner of the world card) can play Friend cards nor Magic/Friend cards. SO, that means that means that when your opponent wants to challenge you, he cannot use Friend cards nor Magic/Friend cards to attack you. That means that if the player (owner of the world card) challenges his opponent he can play the friend cards that he already has in play.

RPG-Giova said:

Though the wording is confusing and can cause conflict, here is what I believe it is supposed to mean. "Friend cards, Magic/Friend cards and dark cards cannot be played while here ." This is would mean that it only effects the player who played the card, unless of course your opponent challenges you then in which case it would effect both players. The same principle is applied to Deep Jungle lvl 3.