Questions: New California and the Playmat

By Almeric, in Fallout

Hi all,

After my FLGS couldn't seem to get their hands on New California, I've now ordered it and expect it later this week.

In the meantime, a couple questions:

1) Is the playmat worth getting? It looks cute, but is it useful?

2) Do the New California cards and tiles wind up mixing in with the original set? Not that it would make any sense to have places like Megaton show up in New California, but I would love to see more overall tile randomness - where you can't say for sure what's about to pop up when there's only one or two tiles left to reveal.

That's all for now. Thanks!

Playmat seems too pricey for me to justify a purchase, but it’s a personal preference.

New California’s contents mixes everything into the core box contents. There are double sided specific tiles just like the core box that are scenario specific. Best of all it includes expanded core scenarios that have larger maps due to the new tiles you get from the expansion.

Ooo great! That will be fun!

I was looking at your co-op play rules, and it's got me thinking about all sorts of house modifications to the game...not the least of which is that it would be nice to finish each scenario rather than stopping whenever one player gets enough points.

First thought off the top of my head: Agenda cards can be exchanged at any time for their value in caps.

Yeah my co-op rules specifically ends the game when you finish the main storyline, as there are just enough faction points to get you to the end of the power track. It’s definitely a far more satisfying ending, I just wish the final quest cards had more story fluff to go with them.

The gamemat is pricey. $40. New California? Also $40. Why?

I would submit that the actual box that New California comes in is probably worth more in terms of manufacturing cost than the gamemat is.