Improved Positive Spin Question

By txgator, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

In the Desperate Allies Propagandist tree, there is a specialization called "Improved Positive Spin." It's an active skill whose difficulty starts off as daunting. The difficulty is reduced by ranks in regular Positive Spin.

But it takes a rank of Positive Spin to get Improved Positive Spin. Does that mean the difficulty of the Improved Positive Spin roll is reduced already?

Brace yourself: Yes. Same with Improved Street Smarts, Improved Hard Headed and any other comparable Improved versions of talents.

Edited by EpicTed
2 hours ago, EpicTed said:

Brace yourself: Yes. Same with Improved Street Smarts, Improved Hard Headed and any other comparable Improved versions of talents.

And Improved Hard Headed. Maybe; it is in every source except Knights of Fate, but then it's not. So, um, yeah...

7 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

And Improved Hard Headed. Maybe; it is in every source except Knights of Fate, but then it's not. So, um, yeah...

Huh. I'll be damned. Why would they do that?

2 minutes ago, EpicTed said:

Huh. I'll be damned. Why would they do that?

Craptastic quality control is my go-to answer.

Doubt it's "quality control." More likely it's for ease of use. Remembering "reduce once for every rank" is much easier in actual play than "reduce once for every rank except the first."

24 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Doubt it's "quality control." More likely it's for ease of use. Remembering "reduce once for every rank" is much easier in actual play than "reduce once for every rank except the first."

Then why did they change it from the former to the latter?

Why also change an established talent that was already known to players of the two previous lines? If it is supposed to be stealth errata, then why does it not show up as such?

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. If a talent got changed from one book to another, that is indeed a QC issue. I'm speaking of the fact that "Improved" talents often reduce difficulties so that the implied default difficulty would never actually see play (the Daunting difficulty of Improved Positive Spin, say).