Hero Mixup

By Hepitude, in Runewars Miniatures Game

If you could see one existing unit as a hero unit (or mount for a hero unit) what would it be? Also, if you could see one hero unit as a regular unit what would it be? I'd choose:

Carrion Lancer Hero unit

A regular unit of whatever Prince Faolan is riding

I don't think a squad of vampires fits the lore of Terrinoth, so I'll go with what I think would be funnest to paint: a bunch of war mooses for hero-to-regular.

Going the other direction, a queen wraith just fits.

I want a unit of rune golem bulls.

Going the other way, a Ventala hero would make a fine centaur-piece for my Latari.

3 hours ago, tall thin climber said:

Going the other way, a Ventala hero would make a fine centaur-piece for my Latari.

šŸ˜

Infantry death knights, similar to Ardus. That would be scary.

I'll have to second the idea of a hero wraith. Like, the dead Baron of the 13th barony.

Latari, shooting hero, or scion hero.

Humans, units of wizards, runegolem hero, you know, with a dial that doesnt suck.

Undead, wraith hero, elite infantry unit.

Uthuk, some sort of flying demon hero, and a flying demon unit.

Undead Wraith and Human Wizard, mainly because those two factions could use another choice, whereas I like all three of the Latari and Uthuk current choices. So any new Latari and Uthuk are just on the cool side.

What I think would be cool is to have an epic creature per faction. Retails for 100 but takes up a full four trays, basically treated like a hero for build purposes, but more of a creature than a hero. It allows for some really impressive plastic models and allows something intimidating to look the part on the board.

I want bone horrors for maro to ride with in a pack.

A ventala hero would be awesome.

I want a unit of Ravos!! Oh wait... nevermind.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, Darth Matthew said:

Latari, shooting hero, or scion hero.

I want a deepwood archer hero riding a scion hero. He should shoot with brutal/precise and 2 blue dice. Give him the ability to shoot/shoot, move/shoot, or shoot/move. Also give him a unique upgrade that let's him shoot 360 degrees to simulate him being able to move around his scion perch.

Obviously he'd have to be pretty pricey... but also awesome...

I want a 20 point, near suicidal Berserker hero.

Barring that, just a big mean ripper hero. None of this silly ā€œhis whips are their spinesā€ or ā€œsheā€™s riding a tamed oneā€ appearance as part of a hero. Iā€™m talking about a ripper model bigger than Maeganā€™s moose that gets scout, a 4 march, and another 2 march. I want my suicidally aggresive turn 1, initiative 3 charge at my foes. Iā€™m ignoring the fact that having a single unit engaging earlier than all of your others is a terrible idea. Iā€™m just looking for amusement.

Edited by Church14

How about a cavalry version of Ardus? Would fit greatly with the Death Knights.

But in general, I really think that regular troops and heroes should be very distinct, so simple mix-up wouln't do it for me.

Heroes having mounting options that are clearly related to normal troops (but still in some way special) are great though. Thinking about Hawthorne and Aliana. This actually makes me sad that there is no bone horror cav unit that synergizes with Maro. Also, a cavalry command expansion would be great.

17 hours ago, QuickWhit said:

I want a deepwood archer hero riding a scion hero.

How about a scion riding a ventalla?

Scion hero with upgrade cards that allow customization either to armor/blocker build, damage build, or utility stun build.

Darnati hero riding a ventala, has a melee/ranged double attack dial option.

Adds a training slot when embedded.

21 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

How about a scion riding a ventalla?

That's silly. We should have a Ventala riding a Scion.

13 minutes ago, Darth Matthew said:

That's silly. We should have a Ventala riding a Scion.

No, a Scion throwing a Deepwood Archer.

Oh, wait, this isn't BloodBowl.

2 hours ago, Xelto said:

No, a Scion throwing a Deepwood Archer.

Oh, wait, this isn't BloodBowl. ļ»æ

But it can be so much more... and by more I mean more inane.

Like when the scion throws the deepwood archer, the archer can fire rune at a different target.

Hm. A Deepwood holding a Fire Rune, riding a Ventala who is standing on a scionā€™s shoulders. Truly the Turducken of Runewars

Runegolem hero, that has a magesspirit trapped inside of it. Runegolem with a hat and staff and a best at manipulating the runes?

Gorgemaw strandard sige unit like a carrionlancer without a rider