Signature Shield?

By Anonimicon, in Realms of Terrinoth

So I was looking over the Signature Weapon heroic ability, and I was thinking that it might be cool to use it for a sword and board build. But instead of the ability giving the character a sword/hammer/axe/whatever, I thought a Signature Shield might be a cool idea. The problem I have is that the weapon profile given for Melee (Light) doesn't really make for a very good shield, imo.

So I thought I'd ask how you guys would handle this. What do you think? Should this just be a new weapon profile or would you just make it the attachment that comes free/in the story point usage of the ability?

Edited by Anonimicon

Why not both? The idea of a weapon attachment that gives the weapon defensive qualities is a very cool one. I think the attachment version would give the weapon Defensive 1, Deflection 1, and maybe knockdown (maybe leave this out) for a cost of 2 HP.

If the player wanted it to be a shield all the time and not just sometimes then I would create a new weapon profile

Shield Weapon: Melee (Light); Damage +1; Critical 5; Range [Engaged]; Encumbrance 2; HP 2; Defensive 2, Deflection 2, Knockdown, Superior

10 minutes ago, Noahjam325 said:

I   would  create a new weapon profile

Shield Weapon: Melee (Light); Damage +1; Critical 5; Range [Engaged]; Encumbrance 2; HP 2; Defensive 2, Deflection 2, Knockdown, Superior 

I second this suggestion, I would just write a shield-like weapon profile comperable to the other options.

I would also create a separate shield profile as a Signature Weapon. Noah's suggestion looks just right to me.

My question would be; is the shield the signature weapon, the sword, or the combination of the two in unison?

If it’s the combination of the two then perhaps the Improved upgrade could be rewritten to provide the option of getting a second signature weapon of the same Craftsmanship as the first, as an alternative to the current option.

You still need to create a shield template

Edited by Richardbuxton