Genesys: Alagaesia (World of Eragon)

By gm_ordon, in Your Settings

I updated the WoA Species and Creatures to include Ra'zac (Rival). Take a look let me know if I missed anything or need to correct the stats and abilities.

I also updated the Dragon Hatchling. In the novels, Saphira wasn't able to breathe fire until the Battle of Fautherdur at the end of Book 1. So I removed fiery breath from the Hatchling, and the dragon gets that ability (and causing fear, and extra damage to claw & bit attack) when they upgrade to Young Dragon for 1 Story Point (50xp)

On 1/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, gm_ordon said:

I updated the WoA Species and Creatures to include Ra'zac (Rival). Take a look let me know if I missed anything or need to correct the stats and abilities.

They need a tail attack Saphira and thorn use it all the time.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, gm_ordon said:

I also updated the Dragon Hatchling. In the novels, Saphira wasn't able to breathe fire until the Battle of Fautherdur at the end of Book 1. So I removed fiery breath from the Hatchling, and the dragon gets that ability (and causing fear, and extra damage to claw & bit attack) when they upgrade to Young Dragon for 1 Story Point (50xp)

They should have adversary. Probably 2. They are realky dangerous foes. I would note the sethr oil was provided by galbatorex.

They are worshiped by the followers of Tosk. So might have minion groups of tosk followers.

They cannot be detected with Magic

The Lethrblakr would be a nemesis.

Also i can confirm galbatorix had more eggs he hid.

Yes, I did mention that in the previous posts. Saphira didn't do that as a hatchling, but by the time she was a young dragon and she started to breath fire and use a tail attack, which could be an area attack with knockdown as well. Sweeping soldiers away or crushing them. Any other ideas for its stats?

Also trying to find more creatures that were part of canon, feel free to add to this list. There were a ton near the Beor Mountains;

• Noghra (Giant Boars)
  • Giant Rams some dwarves use as mounts.
  • Cave Bears
  • Fanghurl - serpent like creatures similar dragons with small wings that use a mental attack to stun or disorient their prey. 3 of them attacked Eragon and Saphira in Book 2, during the boat ride from the dwarven lands to Elismira. Saphira asked Eragon not to use magic, she wanted the practice of fighting in the air.
5 hours ago, gm_ordon said:

Yes, I did mention that in the previous posts. Saphira didn't do that as a hatchling, but by the time she was a young dragon and she started to breath fire and use a tail attack, which could be an area attack with knockdown as well. Sweeping soldiers away or crushing them. Any other ideas for its stats?

Also trying to find more creatures that were part of canon, feel free to add to this list. There were a ton near the Beor Mountains;

• Noghra (Giant Boars)
  • Giant Rams some dwarves use as mounts.
  • Cave Bears
  • Fanghurl - serpent like creatures similar dragons with small wings that use a mental attack to stun or disorient their prey. 3 of them attacked Eragon and Saphira in Book 2, during the boat ride from the dwarven lands to Elismira. Saphira asked Eragon not to use magic, she wanted the practice of fighting in the air.

Feldernost are the rams.

There was also the mosasaur or pleisasaur like thing related to the fanghurl. Eragon encountered on the way to vroengard

The creatures from vroengard. The shadow bird, snails, and burrowgrubs

The giant wolves that hunt feldernost.

Have you covered eldunari i dont remember you covering them.

Gems for strain storage for magic use. All rider swords have them.

Maybe give the tail attack blastto simulate a sweep attack, knockdown and possibly a non lethal option the hand to hand attacks.

Edited by Daeglan

According to the Wiki. The 5 beasts from the Beor Mountains:

I don't really want to use the weird creatures from Vroengard, because they are unique, twisted by the magic unleashed when the elf sacrificed himself in an explosion of his life energy to cover up the escape of the Eldunari and Dragon Eggs into the Vault of Souls.

As far as Eldunari and the Gems for Storing spells and life energy, that is on my list, but down the road. I'm trying to get stuff for beginning level players up and available. The work on the much harder stuff.

14 minutes ago, gm_ordon said:

According to the Wiki. The 5 beasts from the Beor Mountains:

I don't really want to use the weird creatures from Vroengard, because they are unique, twisted by the magic unleashed when the elf sacrificed himself in an explosion of his life energy to cover up the escape of the Eldunari and Dragon Eggs into the Vault of Souls.

As far as Eldunari and the Gems for Storing spells and life energy, that is on my list, but down the road. I'm trying to get stuff for beginning level players up and available. The work on the much harder stuff.

You should do the veoengard creatures but i agree they existnin one place and likely wont play a role in most games so can wait.

Things that would be good out the gate you have covered save a riders sword. Which would have the following qualities-superior, pierce 2 or 3, durable, personalized, large gem. To which you would apply to a base weapon

Is there a hunter career? Eragon was more of a hunter than the classes i see listed...

Edited by Daeglan