Bone Totem - What is it?

By Uthoroc, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

HI folks! I'm looking at the terrain piece "Bone Totem" and am trying to understand what it represents and how to build it as a 3D terrain piece. Has anybody done this? I can't really make heads or tails of the graphic on the tile - it looks like a giant tick to me.

To me it looks like a giant skull, chained to the ground, with cloth/appendages coming out of the eyes.

But I was never great at interpretating art...

I see a horned skull chained to a boulder, with ribbons streaming from the horns. Also, a rib cage and a human skull are on the boulder with lots of blood. So I guess the bone totem is really just a big sacrificial altar, so you can model that however you choose.

latest?cb=20181112234349

Edited by Parakitor

Personally, it looks like a human skull rock formation with the Uthuk Emblem placed on it.

I took the rockformation and skull solution... with a slight touch of Uthuk

km70mch.jpg

Jbh5b03.jpg

The stone is styrofoam and skulls and standards are mixed GW leftovers.

Edited by Gnutten

This is fantastic! Great job!

Edited by Hepitude

😮

I lack words to describe how I felt when I saw this. You literally left me speechless. Wow! Just, WOW!

Excellent stuff!

That is pretty awesome. Something to strive for in my future 3d Terrain endeavors.

Many thanks!

These terrain pieces are rather fun "mini-projects". Just ordered the last missing 3 heroes so perhaps I can finalise the terrain collections soon. Other painting projects have been in the way though... lets see when I get back to the terrain project.