Lore

By Budgernaut, in Heroes of Terrinoth

I have been a huge fan of Terrinoth for about 8 years. What first drew me in was the faction descriptions at the back of the Rune Age rulebook. Then I read the Runewars rules and loved the letter from Alcaran on the first page. There was enough setting and lore in there for you to get a sense of the setting, even though it wasn't a book or anything. I accept that the Terrinoth games have been left open so that the games can not feel railroaded, but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of lore in Heroes of Terrinoth. We got some great world lore in the Genesys system Realms of Terrinoth Sourcebook, but this game is all about the heroes and the heroes are not really discussed at all in Realms of Terrinoth.

What I wanted: I really wish that we had a paragraph summary for each of the 12 heroes in this game. The paragraph would give you a sense of their personality, their motivation, and some name-drops of people, places, objects, or races that ties the hero in with some of the recent lore from Realms of Terrinoth, Runewars Miniatures Game, or previous Terrinoth games.

Unfortunately, the rulebook is already printed, so this obviously isn't going to happen. However, I would love to see FFG start putting news articles up that showcase the heroes of Heroes of Terrinoth and gives us this information. It could be a fantastic way to draw in people who say that Terrinoth is "bland."

ASIDE: I got two copies of the rulebook in my base game. Oh how I wish one was a lore guide like in the Runewars Miniatures Game core set.