Removing damage or horror from items

By Senjaz, in Arkham Horror

Is there a way of removing damage or horror that has been assigned to non-ally items? So far the only healing effects I've seen remove damage or horror from investigators and allies only.

Not that I can think of? But I haven't seen all of the cards yet. Usually it's not a big deal if you remove them from the item or from the investigator though as you still have the same total unless you lose the asset somehow.

Edited by Soakman
I was in the wrong message board. Oops!

Along the same lines of questioning: Innate Talent cards, do they count as the investigator when removing damage and horror? We have been playing that they do, but I would like to see the public opinion on that one.

1 hour ago, Husker949 said:

Along the same lines of questioning: Innate Talent cards, do they count as the investigator when removing damage and horror? We have been playing that they do, but I would like to see the public opinion on that one.

I would say no. But only because there is no rule that says they should. They are separate components from the investigator, so I would think they would not.

2 hours ago, Soakman said:

Not that I can think of? But you can always replace the item. If there were a way to heal items, Key of Y's would be borderline broken (which some people already think it is).

You're on the Board Game forum, not the LCG. ;)

2 hours ago, Senjaz said:

Is there a way of removing damage or horror that has been assigned to non-ally items? So far the only healing effects I've seen remove damage or horror from investigators and allies only.

I don't believe there are ways to heal items. There may be someday, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think it would make Bulletproof Vest & Elder Sign Pendent too powerful.

1 hour ago, Husker949 said:

408.1 “Asset” is a collective term that refers to any card that is gained by an investigator. There are five types of assets: allies, conditions, items, spells, and talents.

408.2 Assets are represented by ally cards, item cards, spell cards, special cards, and starting cards. Special cards and starting cards specifically can represent any type of asset.

No. They are considered Assets the same as Allies, so they are separate from you. I assume you're talking about Jenny's Search for Izzy as it's the only non-Special talent that has Sanity/Stamina.

On a different note:

408.9 An asset cannot be assigned damage or horror in excess of its health or sanity, respectively.

This means that the third time you would assign damage to Ol' Boiler, one of Michael McGlen's optional starting items, by its text ability - After you perform a move action, you may deal two damage to one monster you are engaged with and two damage to this card - the final damage would have to be assigned to McGlen himself. This was a question I was wondering about.

2 hours ago, Duciris said:
4 hours ago, Senjaz said:

I don't believe there are ways to heal items. There may be someday, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think it would make Bulletproof Vest & Elder Sign Pendent too powerful.

I would love to take Michael's burner car into the mechanic and heal damage for money, but the 5 pts of damage/3 uses is still nice. I was using it in the cults scenario to damage the cultists once they began populating on the North side of town. It would probably also be overpowered if it allowed a hybrid move/attack action, but would sure be thematic!