Adepticon 2019

By dcgoose86, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Unless I just totally missing something look like no Runewars events will be at Adepitcon 2019. Adepitcon 2018, I was the only person that showed up for the Thursday tournament, I disappointed with the turn out to say the least. It was also the same Adepitcon the Legion lunch at, and FFG didn't have a single Runewars model and/or table on display. I get Legion was going to be huge deal for FFG, but not having any Runewars at the FFG booth seem like slap in the face for people trying to support the game. Anyone else feel like they kind of just drop all Runewars promotion at the largest miniatures convention two years in row?

Sounds like there isn’t any Armada either, but that some guys were told to wait for a few days. Maybe some final batch of events need to get posted or FFG OP is behind

Ya, that's what I hoping for. Looking the event page again for Adepitcon, look like about 10% haven't been posted yet.

I saw the same thing and was disappointed as I play both Runewars and Armada. Is it too late to submit an event? Regardless, we could still have a pick up and play, open session if folks can connect through this forum or something, right?

So, look like Armanda events were add, actually a bunch FFG events went up. Saddly look like no Runewars. This kinda of sad end for a game that the starter was given away at two years ago at Adepticon, not to have any support now at the event.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, dcgoose86 said:

So, look like Armanda events were add, actually a bunch FFG events went up. Saddly look like no Runewars. This kinda of sad end for a game that the starter was given away at two years ago at Adepticon, not to have any support now at the event.

FYI, these are the Armada and IA world championships moving location for 2019, so the game definitely isn't dead; plus we've just had a massive swathe of releases and the largest world championship ever.

TheUK games expo had no runewars events/demos last year and it didn't herald the end of days, please stop making posts like this as it makes interested potential players think the game is actually dying.

19 hours ago, Wannabe PhD said:

please stop making posts like this as it makes interested potential players think the game is actually dying.

The only blame for this goes to FFG themselves who are absolutely terrible at communicating their long term plans for the game and have a history of dropping games without official announcements (this is true for pretty much every company, tbh, but that's why every game gets 'ded gaem' posts). When FFG does that, some people are naturally going to assume that the game will die soon since it actually happens to certain games. Moreover, how dead or not dead a game feels is largely region-dependent. The game can be effectively dead in one city and thriving in the next. Also, missing Adepticon is actually kind of big deal even though I agree that it's not necessarily the end of the world.

Sorry, I just can't stand it when people blame players for something that really is the company's fault. Between the Christmas sale, lack of recent substantive news, and the Adepticon thing, I totally get why some people worry even though I don't share the same worry, yet.

I second that the games can feel dead in certain region but it also takes the players to try and make the best of it. For example, we started a group, the London Viper Legion and we have already have hosted two events which have matched Regional and National attendance.

We are going for a third soon next month to and will hopefully touring around the London stores and clubs on a monthly basis to drum up interest and get people playing.

I mean, I would also really like FFG to put out a "roadmap" for Rune Wars so we know what's potentially in the pipeline, not unit specifics but if they said something along the lines of:

Q1 - 2019
Waiqar Seige
Escalation Pack

Q2
Challenge kit
Start of competitive season

Q3
Challenge Kit
FAQ
Daqan Siege unit

That sort of thing.

Yeah it is a major bummer that FFG didn't schedule a Runewars event. This really took away the opportunity for "us" as a community to self organize and run something. (I sure would have)

I hope they at least invest the staff hours into a demo table or 2 in the dealers hall. I was there two years ago and people were really having a good time with learning the basics.

Hey everyone, it looks like the have tables up in open gaming and that “Gaming Groups” can reserve them for a few bucks rather than waiting on a first come, first served basis. I think it’s $80 for 2 tables for the whole day.

Would folks be interested in doing some like this? How many Runewarriors are coming to the show?

Might serve as a good meeting place to start an ad hoc session....

I'm still not sure whether it's on my schedule next year, but if it is, I'd be happy to chip in and play.

I'll be there, but my schedule is pretty full. It would depend on what day things were, and how long.

I'll be there. Like DekoPuma, depends on the day / time. Getting some games in is definitely a good thing!

Hey folks, I reached out to Adepticon about some table space for either a tournament or just some random games. They actually responded and said Thursday and Sunday are no problem. Friday and Saturday are likely doable based on how much space we’re looking for.

Looking at the event schedule, Thursday/Friday is Armada and Friday is Legion. X-Wing is running the whole weekend. So, I was thinking that Saturday would be the best day followed by Sunday- not sure if people are flying out on that day or just what.

So, I’m certainly willing to coordinate with the folks there and try set something up, but I figure I’d ask here first- after all, I need someone to play against... 😀

Please let me know if you can make it and what your preference is from the list below:

Saturday 9A-3P

Saturday 3P-9P

Sunday 9A-3P

Thursday 3P-9P

Friday 3P-9P

We can decide if we want to make it a tournament or a Meet ‘n Greet with demos for new players based on the number of respondents.

Thanks,

Cliff