Ffg please respond RE European medals

By RoyalRich, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Guys I've gone from being a massive fan of your games to being completely disillusioned over what I know is pretty insignificant but is really disappointing how its being dealt with.

At the European championships in May it looks like the organisers made a mistake and gave the imperial assault medals for top 16 to the armada players.

No problem we were told, have these armada medals for the picture then give them back and we'll sort the replacements to send out to you if you leave us your details.

Since then I've tried repeatedly to get some idea of what's happening with no response, Gil has told me several times he is in contact with Asmodee to get these back but it's gone on months and every time I'm just told we'll chase with Asmodee.

I've barely played imperial assault since euros now and am pretty frustrated with the way this has been dealt with. Everyone here will I'm sure know how much of an advocate of ffg games I was prior to this, and how much of a champion for ia in my local area, but I can't even bring myself to play now.

Could somebody please just step in and sort it out?

I really haven't wanted to make a fuss but it's now 6 months and nobody is showing any willing to help.

Regards,

Rich

We've had an even bigger problem for the Canadian Nationals - they had none of the prize packs for any of the games, told we'd "receive them later" - last we heard, like 4-6 weeks ago, they were on their way...

still waiting on any new info.. cause no one's received anything.

Edited by Kalandros

Talking of prizes, still haven't got any info on the alternate art design thingy from the 1st euros..

Next time it happens refuse any prize that isn't compliant with whatever was advertised, then claim a reimbursement of the ticket. It's like going to a concert and find no singer or a different singer. If you get no money back, it's a fraud.

Edited by Golan Trevize
On 11/11/2018 at 7:22 AM, Kalandros said:

We've had an even bigger problem for the Canadian Nationals - they had none of the prize packs for any of the games, told we'd "receive them later" - last we heard, like 4-6 weeks ago, they were on their way...

still waiting on any new info.. cause no one's received anything.

Yea but we got last years prizes at the event which was cool (more trading material) but it is quite dissapointing how it’s being handled. I hope we get some compensation prize like fenn or ewebs altarts/spotglass

Totally disgraceful behaviour. Am getting more and more fed up with the way these things are handled and with distribution.

if anything ends my interest in this fantastic game it’ll be this

No response to emails, tweets, direct messages.

I'm out, so long and thanks for all the fish ?

Rich

Oh man. That sucks so hard I can't even believe it. RR, you've been a huge contributor to my own involvement in the game.

2 hours ago, RoyalRich said:

Rich

This game deserves a better Marketing department...

On 11/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, RoyalRich said:

Rich

Give it a second thought, I am in contact with the right guys, but due to a difficult week on my end havent been able to chase it up, will do tomorrow.

Last info is the medal replacements are made, and if you havent heard anything, then something has gone amiss somewhere, I will get you some info next week, be a little more patient my friend.

10 hours ago, GilDK said:

Give it a second thought, I am in contact with the right guys, but due to a difficult week on my end havent been able to chase it up, will do tomorrow.

Last info is the medal replacements are made, and if you havent heard anything, then something has gone amiss somewhere, I will get you some info next week, be a little more patient my friend.

Do you know anything about Canadian national prizes?

9 hours ago, Zagnoroth said:

Do you know anything about Canadian national prizes?

Sorry not, only got contact about this with the Euros stuff, due to being the TO/Judge for IA.

But I can try to get them to pass the question along, so Pm me with details.

Edited by GilDK
On 11/19/2018 at 7:40 AM, GilDK said:

Sorry not, only got contact about this with the Euros stuff, due to being the TO/Judge for IA.

But I can try to get them to pass the question along, so Pm me with details.

I was head judge for IA at this Canadian Nationals. I had sent Asmodee many polite emails and with no response. I also contacted FFG a number of times and zero fuc-ks given. I don't blame IA designers for this, as it's clearly a marketing issue going on. That is that Asmodee is terrible at marketing. I heard from a good source that the issue started when Asmodee wasn't going to properly compensate the T.O. for the event, so he withheld the names of the winners for ALL of the events. I know this is likely because they contacted me for the names of winners for IA a while after the event, which was unusual. In fact, the T.O. in question has the nickname that includes the word "salty" from his X-wing playing days.

Well that is just a **** situation, but the TO shouldnt try to punish the players because of his problems, He just shot himself in the foot.

1 hour ago, GilDK said:

Well that is just a **** situation, but the TO shouldnt try to punish the players because of his problems, He just shot himself in the foot.

Crazy eh? He's always been a good organizer, but does have a reputation. The story I got was that he expected to get paid more money because he put in more work than was agreed on. They refused and so he held back the information (addresses) he had collected for players to receive their make up prizes, and apparently also the final standings as they asked me for them for IA.

Please PM me this guy's name so I know never to attend any of his events.

Also, FFG, get your marketing department in order. Having to hear through the grapevine about events instead of say, your official website and organised play subforums, is beyond incapable. It's borderline malicious at this point.

1 hour ago, Isnigu said:

Please PM me this guy's name so I know never to attend any of his events.

Also, FFG, get your marketing department in order. Having to hear through the grapevine about events instead of say, your official website and organised play subforums, is beyond incapable. It's borderline malicious at this point.

PM sent. And yes, I feel the same way. I'm upset that they could do this to such loyal customers. It's arrogant. But it also is what it is right? They can essentially do what they want and it likely won't matter too much. We'll all still keep buying the products likely. Well, I know I will.

Great news everyone! I got an email saying the Canadian prizes will be shipped next week!

That's good mate, still nothing for me yet :(

In the meantime I won my first shadespire tournament today at least :)

17 minutes ago, RoyalRich said:

No to derail the topic completely, but how does Shadespire compare to IA. I've been looking at it a bit, and it seems to have some of the same concept - though I'm not too fond of the fixed squads.

13 minutes ago, aermet69 said:

No to derail the topic completely, but how does Shadespire compare to IA. I've been looking at it a bit, and it seems to have some of the same concept - though I'm not too fond of the fixed squads.

I got into it with the release of Nightvault and am really digging it. Like IA, it seems to exist at this odd intersection of minis skirmish game, board game, and deck building game, but with a bigger emphasis on deck building.

I like the fixed squads; they are thematic, but you choice of objective and power decks can result in mechanically very different squads, and even asymmetric games if you're playing an objective-focused squad against an aggro focused squad. The game plays very quickly and the fixed activation system really equals out the difference between squads, so playing a three-model list isn't a handicap against a seven-model list.

Getting in at at least the casual level is easier -- buy an expansion -- and painting up one squad is nice. I got into IA to learn to paint minis, and only got into skirmish later, so I like the painting aspect although since the models are push fit and modeled in different color plastic by faction there's no need to paint, just like IA. The sculpts are better quality (large minis than IA).

I'm sure to be super-competitive people want to collect everything but I'm enjoying it with just a casual investment.

When GW announced Kill Team I'd hoped it would be a Sci-Fi version of Shadespire -- it would have killed it with Shadespire's innovative mechanics, but alas, it was just 40k-lite with warmed-over '80s game mechanics.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:34 PM, RoyalRich said:

You will soon, have just been in contact with Alec again, and made sure he got your info, so things should be looking up, when he is back in office.

In case there are any Canadians still waiting, make sure you contact them if you haven't heard. Not only did my prizes get here in the mail today, they also sent an apology and a free Keyforge deck!

If they made it here to Halifax already, I suspect the rest should be getting to you guys soon

Worth noting I finally got my medal yesterday.

No apology, but at least I've finally added my medal to the trophy rack :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pgUWnEk8HW7BCgPh6

Rich I would like to apologise from me and the entire team who was involved, hopefully I see you at the next Euros and may have something for you and the other guys who had to wait.