Kaze no Shiro Story Archive Site moving

By kakita seigi, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

I do not know how many people still use Kaze no Shiro story archive site, but Oni no Pikachu and I are moving all content to kazenoshiro63445525.wordpress.com. The move was made due to the monetary cost of running the site and my inability to pay the bills. We did not want all the old L5R stories to be lost when the bills come up unpaid. The RPG content was rolled up into several archive zips that are made available via OneDrive to offset the space restriction on a free WordPress site (3 GB of space). While media content is welcome (PDFs), please be aware that once space runs out so too will Kaze no Shiro's ability to host any more fictions. This move will unfortunately break all links on L5R Wiki. I am aware the medium is perhaps not as visually appealing, but it is the best we can do.

Thanks for your hard work and archiving awesomeness these years! When is the move happening?

If you like Kaze no Shiro I would thank Oni no Pikachu personally then! He is the one that has carefully maintained the stories here and L5R wiki for years. While I owned Kaze no Shiro he was the only contributor maintaining the site.

The move is done. New site is operational and all future fictions are being posted on free site. The old website is going to be active for a few more month, but then will quietly go aware without fanfare.

@Oni no Pikachu thanks for bein' awesome!

Thanks to you two for all your hard work over the years.

I am a humble scholar with the pursuit of lore to be maintained over the years. I am terrified of L5R fictions to be forgotten due to the past of time and lack of caring.

Thank you, I am particularly fond of Minor Complications, given how much went to charity for it, and would not want to see it disappear.

Thank you for preserving the archives! Yes, a lot of us still use it.

23 minutes ago, suburbaknght said:

Thank you for preserving the archives! Yes, a lot of us still use it.

It is very helpful. And reminds me i should start going in and making some PDF backups from the looks of it.

Edited by Schmoozies
On 11/8/2018 at 4:24 PM, kakita seigi said:

space   restriction on a free WordPress site (3 GB of  space)

To get around space restrictions

Open a second free blog and host the pics there and link them to the first blog www.kazenoshiro_file_dump.wordpress

You can do this every time you need a n extra 3gb it's jot ideal but it works