What's the deal with Drokkatta?

By Chucklehead1, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I wish they had made Murne gender ambiguous. I can't tell you how many times I have to correct my group that Murne is a "she".

On 11/10/2018 at 4:35 AM, conagm87 said:

I wish they had made Murne gender ambiguous. I can't tell you how many times I have to correct my group that Murne is a "she".

Really? I expected that from my group but they took one look and immediately recognized that Murne was female.

I guess that lends to @Spidey NZ ‘s point about the art considering one of my group is an artist. And @Majushi ‘s as one is a Star Wars nerd that will argue this stuff “to the nth degree.”

Edited by Uninvited Guest

As for Drokatta playability, I view her has Fenn with added complexity. I like that a lot of Drokatta equipment comes from her xp deck, so you don't need to kit her out with guns, use that money for the other heroes. I like that Drokatta has flexibility converting damage to surges and has a high focus on surges. I like that Drokatta is a bit more strain reliant than Fenn so needs to carefully manage when to demolish. I really like that Drokatta has a mechanic which means it's harder to play around blast.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:00 AM, Uninvited Guest said:

Really? I expected that from my group but they took one look and immediately recognized that Murne was female.

I've seen a lot of players shocked to realize that Ko-Tun is a female too. I guess if it's an alien and it doesn't have some kind of T&A (or a coconut bra bandolier), a lot of people just default assume it's male. Kind of like how a lot of people automatically refer to dogs they haven't me before as he and cats as she until the owner corrects them.

2 hours ago, Tvboy said:

I've seen a lot of players shocked to realize that Ko-Tun is a female too. I guess if it's an alien and it doesn't have some kind of T&A (or a coconut bra bandolier), a lot of people just default assume it's male. Kind of like how a lot of people automatically refer to dogs they haven't me before as he and cats as she until the owner corrects them.

really? the facial structure and the shape language clearly show female traits

1 hour ago, Spidey NZ said:

really? the facial structure and the shape language clearly show female traits

Yep, but I guess the outfit, muscles and lack of a traditionally "female" hair-do (and no T&A) I guess throws some people off if they're just taking a glance at the art and not looking too deeply at the details.

Going back and looking at some of the older female heros that people didn't seem to struggle with identifying at a glance, (Diala, Jyn, Saska, Verena, Shyla) it seems you need to either have obvious curves (Diala), or a traditionally female haircut. In fact, in the case of Diala, I really wouldn't be able to tell the gender if it weren't for the shape of her chest, she's got pretty androgynous and even somewhat masculine facial features.

I kind of love the fact that the artists focused so heavily on each hero's other traits that actually matter and their gender was sort of downplayed as an afterthought.

Edited by Tvboy
37 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

In fact, in the case of Diala, I really wouldn't be able to tell the gender if it weren't for the shape of her chest, she's got pretty androgynous and even somewhat masculine facial features.

What, you mean you guys didn't immediately notice the fact that she had the bumpy female version of twi'lek ears instead of the normal male ones? :ph34r: :P

Edited by ManateeX
26 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

What, you mean you guys didn't immediately notice the fact that she had the bumpy female version of twi'lek ears instead of the normal male ones? :ph34r: :P

Didn't they get her ears wrong on the Return to Hoth Box Cover?

Edited by Majushi
24 minutes ago, Majushi said:

Didn't they get her ears wrong on the Return to Hoth Box Cover?

Haha yes they did!