Owl Clan colors

By Nheko, in Lore Discussion

Guys, especially does who played HoR4, do you recall what we’re the Owl Clan colors?

If I'm not mistaken they were grey and brown, though I'm not sure how "canon" that is. But tbh, Owl Clan is already alternate timeline stuff, so using any color you think is cool is more than acceptable.

IIRC the exact shade was tan and not "normal" brown.

Grey and Tan were the colors from HoR4, from the times I have gone to their LARPs.

?

I’ll go with grey, with accents of white and orange. I’ll stay away from the browns and tans, due other clans using them.

Edited by Nheko

I don't know what they used in Heroes of Rokugan 4.

I say you should more or less go with the regular imperial outfit without any of the gold.

Brown, gray and white base, but generally with some piece of green clothing. And everyone can debate between the Owl, the Dragon and the Mantis which one has yellow-green, which one has emerald green and which one has sea green.

But if with browns and oranges, they will just blend it too much with the Lion and the Phoenix.

In fact, here is a picture that was posted in the discord yesterday. A green owl isn't as crazy as it may initially seem. After all, we already have blue cranes and purple horses.

test.thumb.gif.e6b053cbb04e99b2e10544344cf85451.gif

I like the grey, white and accents of pine green and as a nod to the imperial families. With just small accents of pine green you don’t go into the controversy of the shades of green. Personally I’m not too keen on browns for the moment, I’ll review it again once I’m done with their School... ?

Thanks guys!

4 hours ago, Nheko said:

I like the grey, white and accents of pine green and as a nod to the imperial families. With just small accents of pine green you don’t go into the controversy of the shades of green. Personally I’m not too keen on browns for the moment, I’ll review it again once I’m done with their School... ?

Thanks guys!

Oh. Are you working on it too? Maybe we should collaborate.

Instead of coming up with something entirely new, I imagine it would be much better to use a color scheme already seen among imperial artwork and say "this is still 90% correct". So basically these examples, just switch out the gold for gray or white.

With pure gray, it would be difficult to tell them apart from the inevitable Spider Clan.

Otomo_Motoshi.jpg.0a85a3a38bf49a0d0656ec13d976afc1.jpg

miya_anzai1.jpg.7d05be2ee065270c5b2439b0553160dc.jpg

miya_herald.jpg.c91d57622a616ca0ee745bd111dd5f05.jpg

Seppun_Goharu.jpg.cfee81d03ce99ca8add0a6fbae46701f.jpg

Sure, I have no problem working with you. ?