Are the nightmare decks for the last two saga boxes late?

By Gandalf_, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

Hey. Don't usually pay attention on releases, but how fast do the nightmare decks come after a saga box is released. If I am not mistaken, the last two have not even been announced. Right?

Nightmare decks aren't usually pre-announced, they just show up when they're done. I don't know for sure what the usual cadence is (or even if there is a usual cadence) but I feel like they tend to lag behind the original product by 1-2 years.

I take many attention to the nightmare releases since it is the product I like the most in the game I play the most ^^.

Until now nightmares release comes more quickly that original product. So we can't make any rule for how many time separate a product from his nightmare. Now nightmare seem to be calm down and follow an usual rythm of production. Probably:
1/ Because few developers work on the game so it is harder to make new products as fast as before (or intended not to make them release on a slower rhythm);
2/ Because they still want to make a decent lag between an original product and his nightmare. We got the end of cycle 6 before the release of cycle 8, they probably want at least one cycle so people will enjoy normal scenario before playing nightmare AND developers get more time to know the issues with original products and correct them AND more player cards released between those two releases so there is a common sense to make scenario harder*.

*This one is probably less and less relevant since now the part of the player cards release in a year is really thin. I think about it more as a "original scenario can be playable by fun decks, casual players or players who are not buying in chronological order VS player with all the card pool who want to play strong decks.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, Rouxxor said:

2/ Because they still want to make a decent lag between an original product and his nightmare. We got the end of cycle 6 before the release of cycle 8, they probably want at least one cycle so people will enjoy normal scenario before playing nightmare AND developers get more time to know the issues with original products and correct them  AND more player cards released between those two releases so there is a common sense to make scenario harder*.

Another reason to wait is so they can see what strategies players employ for those quests, to challenge and counter them.

You are right. It is for me part of the issue of a scenario: it vulnerability against some strategies.

Edited by Rouxxor